You must have noticed it's getting darker earlier. Always a good indicator that the clocks are due to change - and this year, there's no exception. On October 27th at 2am, the clocks will jump back an hour.
We like to send a message to people to make sure they remember, so if their clock doesn't automatically update, they don't miss out on an extra hour in bed, or end up at work an hour early wondering where everyone is.
With most messages, one of our team writes them, but with this one, we like to give the community the reins. If you fancy writing a text message that could be seen by thousands of people, pop it on here. We'll need your entry by 23:59 on Tuesday 22nd, so get your thinking caps on quick.
Things to keep in mind:
- The clocks go back on the 27th of October at 2am.
- The clocks are going back, not forward - we don't want people getting it wrong!
- Limit it to around 120 letters and spaces in total so we can fit some admin stuff in the text at the end. We've got a little leeway but we can't go much higher (a text message is only 160).
- Because we've got a lot of people to send it to, we'll be aiming to send the message over a few different days towards the end of the week, so it needs to make sense no matter what day someone gets it.
- We're taking entries until 23:59pm on Tuesday, October 22nd.
- We've found that people seem to like poems with these, so to have a better chance of winning, make it rhyme.
To help inspire you, here's a draft message from @richardf_ :
Close your eyes, lay down your head
Get another hour in bed.
Just as the day is dawning
Clocks go back Sunday morning.
And the legal nitty gritty if you need it:
- We’ll announce the winner in the community. If you’re the lucky winner we’ll also send you a community Private Message to let you know.
- To qualify, you need to post your entry in this community thread by 23:59pm on Tuesday, October 22nd 2019. Entries must abide by our Terms and Conditions and Community Code of Conduct.
- The prize is that your suggestion will be used in a text message that we send out to giffgaffers the week of October 21st 2019. This is the only prize and there is no cash alternative.
- We may put the winner’s membername on our social media pages as well as in the community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your membername being made publicly available if you win.
- You grant us the right to use the content of your entry as per section 8 of our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to alter the text of the winning entry in order to provide the text message.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner will be chosen by giffgaff staff. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us). For any more information about us, visit our website.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with 🙂