Hi there philippaayoob. Thanks for your question about starting goodybags early. If you have less than 100MB data or 100 minutes allowance left on your current goodybag or you've used the full-speed data allowance (in case you have an Always On goodybag), the option to start your next goodybag now will appear on your dashboard. Please select this option, if required. As you are currently using the £ 20.00 goodybag with unlimited minutes, you'll need to wait until your data drops to (or below) 100MB before the option to start your next goodybag early appears.
There are different ways to buy a goodybag early, depending on the result you want to achieve:
- You want your goodybag to be renewed automatically every month. You will need a recurring goodybag.
- You want to pre-purchase your next goodybag so it starts when your current goodybag expires. You will need a queued goodybag.
- You don't have any data or minutes left in your current goodybag and you want to buy a new one right now. You can buy a goodybag and start it early.
When you purchase a goodybag early, it erases your current goodybag and you will lose all remaining allowances, so giffgaff ask you to confirm you are really sure you want to start a new goodybag right now.
- You can start a recurring or queued goodybag up to 9pm on the day of expiry of your active goodybag
- You can queue a goodybag up to 10pm if you complete it online
- You can queue a goodybag if you do it via the 43430 top up line but you must do it before 9pm.
For more information about starting a Goodybag early, please see this article.
Hope the information I have listed above helps you out this afternoon. Many thanks.