The light has returned and the days are getting longer, and we all know what that means…
The clocks will be going forward!
On Sunday 29 March 2020 at 02:00 in the morning the clocks will jump forward an hour.
We like to send out a message to our lovely members to make sure they remember, so if they have clocks that don’t automatically update they will be forewarned and not be late for anything they may have arranged – we don’t want anyone to miss out on something fun.
We always like to hand the reins over to the Community for composing this SMS and have always been impressed by the creativity we see. If you fancy writing a message that will be seen by thousands of our members, please pop your creations onto this thread. We’ll need your entry by 23:59 on Wednesday 18 March, so please get your creativity flowing and hop on here with your ideas.
Things to keep in mind;
- The clocks go forward on 29 March 2020 at 01:00
- The clocks are going forward, not back – so your message will need to make that clear
- Please limit it to around 120 letters and spaces in total so that we can fit in some admin stuff at the end. There is a little leeway, but we can’t go much higher as a text message is only 160 characters.
- As we have a lot of people to send it to we’ll be aiming to send the message over a few different days toward the end of the week, so it needs to make sense no matter which day someone sees it.
- We’re taking entries until 23:59 on Wednesday the 18th of March.
- We’ve found that many members enjoy a poem with these, so for the best chance of winning, make it rhyme.
To help inspire you, here is the winning message from last time, as inspired by @bluemoonbaz & @i_am_sy (Please bear in mind this was composed for the clocks going backwards last Autumn, so we’re looking for something a little different this time).
The daybreak is dawning,
but there's no need for yawning.
You'll get an extra hour snoring
2am Sunday morning.
And the Legal nitty gritty to have a peek at if you like:
- We’ll announce the winner in the community. If you’re the lucky winner we’ll also send you a community Private Message to let you know.
- To qualify, you need to post your entry in this community thread by 23:59 on Thursday, March 18 2020. Entries must abide by our Terms and Conditions and Community Code of Conduct.
- The prize is that your suggestion will be used in a text message that we send out to giffgaffers the week of March 23 2020. This is the only prize and there is no cash alternative.
- We may put the winner’s membername on our social media pages as well as in the community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your membername being made publicly available if you win.
- You grant us the right to use the content of your entry as per section 8 of our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to alter the text of the winning entry in order to provide the text message.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner will be chosen by giffgaff staff. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us). For any more information about us, visit our website.
We’re all looking forward to seeing the what our amazing members can come up with 😁