Hi everyone, I hope you’re keeping safe.
I wanted to share some really exciting news with you about the future of giffgaff pioneers. But first I want us to just look back at the great things we did last year.
It's been a very exciting year with members at the heart of lots of product development and decisions made at giffgaff, and I'm so proud of all members who have got involved. Last year we had:
- 65 phone calls with members across 7 different projects,
- 45 members visited the office for 15 different projects,
- More than 300 members sign up to the beta app to give feedback and ideas. (And thanks to them, and many more, we’ve implemented some well needed changes to the technology and features of our current My giffgaff app.)
- together both pioneers and forum members visited nearly 60 Tesco stores through a mystery shopper project and we were able to achieve more store space to sell SIMs at no extra cost of giffgaff,
- 5 members tested the 5G network over an 8 week period, giving us a real look at what 5G possibilities can enable for us before we upgrade our metwork.
You’re all absolutely amazing. Thank you!
"So Amy, what’s this exciting news?" you’re now asking?
Managing giffgaff pioneers has been down to me and I rely on a lot of people around the business for different things. To name a few we have our business analysts who help me collate which members we reach out to and analysing surveys, to our CRM managers who build our emails and send the emails.
I’ve been very fortunate to have the help from these teams, however for us to give you a better run by you experience, we’ll need some help with a new management tool. This is why we have partnered with a company called Qualtrics who provide just that - a panel management platform.
This platform will help us with communication, management, analysis, insight and allow us to offer you opportunities to get involved in projects you have an interest in (based on what you said you’d like to dive into from the onboarding survey.)
Basically, this means you will have:
- More opportunities to get involved in projects that you care about around the gaff.
- Your feedback will be listened to and acted on quicker.
- More communications about how you have had an impact at giffgaff.
- SMS notifications if you've signed up to take part in product testing
- Hear more stories about what else is going on around the gaff.
- Opportunities to support the future of Labs
I’m very excited to get stuck into using this new tool, and we already have 2 projects coming up so keep your eyes peeled for your emails. They will soon look slightly different and they will come from a slightly different mailing address. I’ll share with you how they look over the coming weeks.
Thank you all so much for continuing to be such an amazing community to co-create with. I hope you enjoy getting involved in more projects in the near future.
All the best,