Right at the moment, I’m getting that error reproducibly on a specific thread, which is interesting because usually it’s an intermittent problem that goes away long before we get a chance to try to work out why it’s happening.
The thread is https://community.giffgaff.com/d/22259036-more-efficient-way-to-keep-helpers-in-the-loop and at the moment the index points to https://community.giffgaff.com/d/22259036-more-efficient-way-to-keep-helpers-in-the-loop/38.
- Currently, all posts up to /19 can be retrieved by appending the message number to the command line
- Additional posts up to 28 can be retrieved by scrolling down but attempting to scroll down to post 29 generates the Red X error
- posts between 20 and 28 can’t be retrieved from the command line. But instead of the Red X I get a plain text message “An error occurred while trying to load this page”.
- the thread might be corrupted
- control-F5 does not change anything, so it’s probably not due to cached content
- but it’s a thread that’s regularly updated by staff – and was posted on a few days ago, so if the thread is corrupted it has happened very recently
- in the index for Contribute, I see this against the thread:
So … it seems likely that the corruption (if that’s what it is) or whatever caused the problem happened 20 minutes ago.
Could it be that @pal2j57 is still actively editing the message, and that’s what’s causing the error?
@alex_w Any way of checking whether something different happens when staff create messages?