I am going to try and keep this as short as I possible can, but I really should do with advice from people who’ve been through the same.
1) In May we reported a list of repairs that needed to be completed in our house and the biggest issue was a wall that needed plastering (and was stopping us from decorating too). We was understanding of the pandemic and knew it would take weeks/months.
2) On 22nd July someone came to deal with the repair unannounced and that he couldn’t do these repairs as that day was unsuitable. He briefly came in the house and told us that the artexting needed to be removed and he left. He didn’t re-raise that repair and I later had to do so.
3) I complained to the housing association about this and said that I believed it was unsuitable for us to go to the back of the queue. Despite this, we went to the back of the queue and got an appointment for 9th September.
4) On 9th September, another engineer enters the house, takes one look at the wall and decides he can’t do anything. At the time it felt like he didn’t want to do the work tbh, but then said the wall needed some sort of asbestos check/repair. We was so bloody angry. The engineer from 22nd July could have reported that and so could the complaints team (because we have artex)
5) We are told the asbestos team don’t have large waiting times and should get an appointment soon. We haven’t received one.
6) We registered on local housing list and was told we would need two references and one of them of our landlord (housing association). We asked the housing association for a reference and they won’t give us a reference.
We are close to breaking point and we don’t know where to go next. Council says its not their issue and my local MP office aren’t pushing the issue enough. It seems like this plastering will go on into 2021.