Hi everyone - here’s a bit of news from the blue - with the launch of our new £35 golden goodybag on October 20th, 5G will start to roll out on giffgaff. We want to gather member reaction and the experience carefully and slowly, so we’re not going to shout about it too much - but as our most dedicated and knowledgeable members, we wanted to make sure you knew it was coming, and could take advantage of it if you wanted.
You’ll need a few things to get started:
- A phone that can access the 5G network (check with your manufacturer if you’re not sure)
- Be in a 5G-enabled area (you can check that on our coverage checker right here)
- A new 5G SIM (available on our 5G SIM order page - just SIM Swap onto it)
- Enable 5G in your phone settings and make sure you have the latest firmware update
- An active golden goodybag - either the £10 or the new £35 one
As always, we’ve got a set of terms for it as well - these will be live shortly and we’ll link to them when they are.
If you’re set up for it, you’ll be able to get yourself 5G as early as the end of next week. We would love to hear what you think if you’re able to test it out - whether it lives up to your expectations, would enable a change on how you use your phone or if it’s all just business as usual. People are using their phones very differently at the moment, after all - we want to know how 5G slots into your life.