Edit: All solved.
See https://community.giffgaff.com/d/33186722-several-features-suddenly-broken/15 for the solution
Note that these features need to be tested on desktop, not in the app. I’m testing in firefox 81.0.2 64 bit and using a separate tab of the same browser window to compare with the preview site at https://preview.community.giffgaff.com/d/88-test
- Until a couple of days ago, it was possible to highlight text and use it as part of a quote.
It’s still possible on the preview site:
But no longer possible on the live site – the quote option no longer appears:
- Until a couple of days ago, it was possible to paste an image from the clipboard straight in to a reply. It’s still possible on the preview site, which automatically uploads it, saves it as an image and creates markdown for the image. The above two images are examples – I pasted them into a message on the the preview site to get an image and then copied the generated markdown into the current message.
It’s no longer possible to do that on the live site. Attempting to paste images from clipboard now nothing at all.
- Bullet numbering is broken. To get numbered bullets, I’m having to type in the numbers myself, instead of having the numbers auto generated.
On preview, it works like this:
On the live site, using the same buttons and keystrokes:
- Control-B to generate bold text has become intermittent
Until recently, control-B started bold text mode – the same as pressing the B icon at the bottom of the compose box, but a thousand times more convenient. Now, after a while. control-B stops doing that and brings up my browser bookmarks instead. I’m not sure what triggers it to stop working, but it’s possibly attempting to do one of the first 3 problems. But this too is still working properly on the preview site.
- @ mentions are partially broken
Until recently, it was possible to press return to paste when the correct user was highlighted and have the correct username appear in the text. For example, pressing return with this on screen:
would cause the full username to appear in the post.
But from yesterday, only the @ sign appears. It’s no longer sufficient to press return – you must double click the highlighted user for it to be copied.