As this thread is fairly outdated now it has been decided to lock it, however, it does remain in place for historical purposes. Please see the link below to the help hub for all the latest information about SIM swaps:
You can only do a SIM swap between 4:30am and 9:30pm.
So Giffgaff have finally enabled SIM swap ( http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/SIM-swap-launches-Nano-SIMs-arrive/ba-p/6884758 ) And for many people this is good news, it means when Agents request that we get a replacement sim, we won’t be without service for a couple of days, only a couple of minutes. Or if you need to switch to a Nano sim, you can do so without losing your number or credit/goodybag
NOTE You will lose all contacts and texts saved on the sim, so make sure you back them up.
Points to note
once started, SIMswap is non-reversible
Here is how you perform a SIM Swap.
1) You will need to order a new sim, or use one you have lying around the house. Make sure it isn’t activated.
2) Logout of your giffgaff account, and click activate SIM on the homepage.
3) Here is where you will enter the Activation code of the NEW sim you’re swapping to.
4) It will then ask you if you’re already have a GiffGaff account or not. Obviously, you choose yes.
5) This is where SIM swap starts. It will confirm that you want to swap sims. (You need to double check the serial numbers, just in case.)
5) After choosing yes a few times, your old sim should deactivate, and you will lose signal on your old sim.
6) Put the new SIM into your phone, and it can take up to 10 minutes (maybe a bit longer) for the sim to become active. (Personally I would leave the phone turned off with the new sim in for 10 minutes, then keep turning it on and off until you get signal)
7) You have completed SIM Swap! Enjoy.
Nano SIM’s can be ordered from here (http://nanosim.giffgaffapps.com/ ) It is possible that you will recieve a hand-cut sim (you could still receive a factory-cut) as there are still supplies for them, they will still work without a problem but once the hand-cut supplies are depleted, only factory-cut ones will be sent out.