Hey there giffgaffers. Hope everybody is having a pleasant start to the week.
I just wanted to put up a quick reminder about Gope's blog post from about a month ago relating to number recycling and the need to disconnect numbers that have been inactive for 6 months or longer. Here's a link in case you missed it the first time around: Recycling phone numbers @ giffgaff .
So, just to recap, please do one or more of the following once every six months and you'll never have to worry about your number getting recycled:
- Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (for technical reasons, emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSes/calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020, 43430) do not apply)
- Make at least one connection to the internet
- Receive at least 4 calls of more than 10 seconds
- Make a least one topup/purchase (credit or goodybag)
- Receive Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating in the community)
Easy peasy. We'll be sending out e-mails/SMSs directly to anyone impacted before we take any action, so if you see people asking questions or wondering about the message, please lend them a helping hand and point them to the blog.
Much appreciated. Have great Monday. 🙂