2 x Share the love trials this month

Started by: richardf_
On: 04/08/2016 | 09:21
Replies: 55

by: richardf_
handy giff-staffer

on: 04/08/2016 | 09:21 edited: 04/08/2016 | 09:32

Hi everyone,

I’m here to tell you about a couple of exciting trials we will be running this month to hopefully help make our Share the love programme   - our programme that rewards you and your friends when you introduce them to giffgaff – to be even better and make it even easier to bring new members aboard the good ship giffgaff.

We’re interested to see members’ preferences and how we can help improve the programme in future.

We’ll be randomly contacting a couple of groups of our existing members by email with an invite to take part. As always, if you’re not selected in the trial, please rest assured we’re doing the tests to inform decisions that would be to the benefit of everyone.

Both trials are applicable for any activation from your friends or family from today until 11.59PM on 31st August.

Trial 1:

Our first group will be able to offer their friends and family £10 credit for joining giffgaff through them.

As set out in the invite email – whenever a member in this group has a friend activate one of their SIMs they will now get a total of £10 free credit rather than the standard £5 when they join giffgaff.

This £10 credit will be delivered to their friend as two £5 amounts.  £5 within 24 hours of activating, as per usual. Another £5 within 5 days of activating.

Trial 2:

Our second group will be invited to take their reward for each new friend they bring aboard as £5 pay as you go credit straight away in place of the standard 500 Payback points.

Please note - the £5 credit can take up to 5 days to be added to an account. 

As set out in the invite email – whenever a member in this group has a friend activate one of their sims, the standard confirmation email we send through will give the option of how they would like to be rewarded.

In each email there will be a link to select the £5 credit option.

If no selection is made, then we’ll pay it as Payback points as per normal and will add it to account as part of the September points total (so we’ve got time to check through all the activations from August).

The choice is yours.

For both trials, you just share the love in the usual way. Order sims through https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm or share your personal order page – or share any you may already have at home. 

Happy sharing everyone!

Rich

FAQ:

The website and sim packs still say my friend will only get £5 free credit when they join, will they get £10?

• As this is a limited trial we have not updated the website or sim packs as it wouldn’t be the case for everyone. But rest assured, if you’ve been invited to the £10 credit trial, they’ll get the extra £5 credit.
  • It can take up to 5 days for the second £5 to show – remember you can check your giffgaff credit balance at any time by dialing *100# from your giffgaff phone.

I chose to take my reward as £5 credit instead of Payback points, but now I’ve changed my mind.

• Unfortunately, once you’ve chosen we can’t reverse the decision for you.
  • However, to avoid this scenario best we can, it is a two-step process to confirm you want to take it as credit.  Plus, if you don’t do anything it is paid as Payback as default.
  • You need to click the link in each share the love activation confirmation email and then confirm on the landing page that you wish to take the reward as credit.

Is this available to Super Recruiters?

• At this stage these two trials will only involve a small number of our existing members who are not Super Recruiters.

Are there any limits to the number of friends I can bring aboard?

• No, share away to one and all. However, if you become a Super Recruiter in the process (you recruit your 15th friend during the month) these offers will no longer be eligible for any activations after that point (e.g. your 16th friend).

Message 1 of 56
by: bacc
on: 04/08/2016 | 09:32
Looks good
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 56
by: bobrobinson
on: 04/08/2016 | 09:51

@richardf_.  Good morning mate.  That sounds great to me .

Another great giffgaff idea.Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 56
by: mashi_maro
on: 04/08/2016 | 11:14

those randomly selected may not have a friend to share. It took me a long time to consider changing network as the process is tedious.

Message 4 of 56
by: jokeyboi77
on: 04/08/2016 | 11:24
That's quite an interesting trial and I hope a few members benefit from it, one question though @richardf_ , if a member recruits another member and chooses to receive the payback as cash and they have the £5 added to their account within the 5 days, does that count as fresh topup with the £5 added to reset your giffgaff to giffgaff allowance? The same as the £5 goodybag does or do they have to wait for another £5 to be added to their account before the giffgaff to giffgaff allowance resets? Or doesn't it count as a fresh topup at all?

I know payback counts as a fresh topup but I was wondering if the same happens with smaller amounts of payback?
jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 5 of 56
by: zagzig
on: 04/08/2016 | 11:52
@richardf_, thank you for the info.

Just to clarify, for Trial 1, will the existing member receive £5 only (and not £10 like the new member), and will the £5 be paid as payback in the normal way for Trial 1?

And, for Trial 2, will the new friend receive £5 credit only, as per the standard arrangements, and not £10 as in Trial 1?

Message 6 of 56
handy giff-staffer

on: 04/08/2016 | 11:56

Hey @zagzig that's correct. 

Message 7 of 56
handy giff-staffer

on: 04/08/2016 | 11:58

@jokeyboi77 Absolutely cracking question - after checking with our billing systems guru - I can confirm that taking it as credit would refresh your giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts, as if you had topped-up or taken Payback as per normal.

Cheers

Message 8 of 56
Highlighted
by: zagzig
on: 04/08/2016 | 11:59
@richardf_, just a thought, in case helpful... if the £10 credit for a new member is split into two separate £5 credits then they won't be able to use the credit immediately to buy a £10 goodybag, which might disappoint them. Also, if splitting it into two £5 credits, have you thought about issuing the second credit at the start of the new member's second month instead of after five days? That might be an even nicer surprise for the new member.

Anyway, just some thoughts, but I'm sure you've thought such options through already. I think your trials are interesting.
Message 9 of 56
by: jokeyboi77
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:00
@richardf_ That's an even better answer! I can see trial 2 being a big hit. Smiley Wink
jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 10 of 56