Community

2 x Share the love trials this month

Started by: richardf_
On: 04/08/2016 | 09:21
Replies: 55

by: richardf_
handy giff-staffer

on: 04/08/2016 | 12:01
Thanks @zagzig some really great points there. Provided the trial goes well it will give me the ammunition to ask for the required changes to improve the experience as you've suggested Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 56
by: zagzig
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:09
@richardf_, thanks for all your answers. I've got one further question for clarification please... if a member participating in Trial 2 chooses to receive their £5 reward as instant credit rather than payback, will this choice ever revert back to the standard way of doing things, e.g. after the trial has ended? And, if so, do you have any idea how long the trials might last for?
Message 12 of 56
by: richardf_
handy giff-staffer

on: 04/08/2016 | 12:19
Hey - for both trials it only affects activations that occur until 11.59PM 31st August. (Activations that happen from 1st September will automatically revert to back to normal).

In trial 2 specifically - each activation this month you need to make your choice for how you wish to be rewarded for that activation (credit or Payback) - by clicking through the link on the activation confirmation email. The deadline for choices on all activations done this month to receive credit rather than Payback points is 5th September. (That date is noted in the confirmation emails ).

Any activations that have not had credit chosen as the reward come the 5th September will receive Payback points - these points will be added to the September points total.
Message 13 of 56
by: jokeyboi77
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:20
@zagzig

The trials end at 11.59pm on the 31st of August mate and I suppose it'll depend on the trial results, on how well they'll have done, before a decision is made to make either a permanent feature. So after that date and until a decision is made it'll return to the old system, I would presume, of just 500 points per recruit until you become a super recruiter.
jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 14 of 56
by: navvy
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:21

richardf_ wrote:

@jokeyboi77 Absolutely cracking question - after checking with our billing systems guru - I can confirm that taking it as credit would refresh your giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts, as if you had topped-up or taken Payback as per normal.

Cheers

@richardf_

I'm surprised (and pleased) at this answer, since payback of less than £10 taken as credit in June or December does not restart the free gg-gg.

Message 15 of 56
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:31

@richardf_ and @jokeyboi77, thanks very much for all the info Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 56
by: joolzian
on: 04/08/2016 | 12:45

zagzig wrote:

@richardf_, just a thought, in case helpful... if the £10 credit for a new member is split into two separate £5 credits then they won't be able to use the credit immediately to buy a £10 goodybag, which might disappoint them. Also, if splitting it into two £5 credits, have you thought about issuing the second credit at the start of the new member's second month instead of after five days? That might be an even nicer surprise for the new member.

Anyway, just some thoughts, but I'm sure you've thought such options through already. I think your trials are interesting.

They will have topped up with £10 to activate and will therefore be able to buy a £10 goodybag. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 56
on: 04/08/2016 | 13:17

joolzian wrote:

zagzig wrote:

@richardf_, just a thought, in case helpful... if the £10 credit for a new member is split into two separate £5 credits then they won't be able to use the credit immediately to buy a £10 goodybag, which might disappoint them. Also, if splitting it into two £5 credits, have you thought about issuing the second credit at the start of the new member's second month instead of after five days? That might be an even nicer surprise for the new member.

Anyway, just some thoughts, but I'm sure you've thought such options through already. I think your trials are interesting.

They will have topped up with £10 to activate and will therefore be able to buy a £10 goodybag. Smiley Happy

Good point! I'd forgotten that it's necessary to top up with £10 to activate a SIM. The £10 minimum activation credit plus a £10 reward would allow a new member to purchase a £20 goodybag without topping-up further, so it might be nice to receive the full £10 immediately.

Message 18 of 56
by: premierphotosuk
on: 04/08/2016 | 13:53

@richardf_ Again it's nice to see different ideas and good bonuses of being with giffgaff. This looks an interesting move. Thanks again for the positives from giffgaff.Smiley Wink

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 19 of 56
by: staceyg1991
on: 04/08/2016 | 14:58
When I introduced my last friend back in start of July I never received my £5 payback but my friend did. How's that???
Message 20 of 56