Started by: timo_t
On: 25/05/2018 | 11:27
Replies: 120

Highlighted
by: timo_t
former giff-staffer

on: 25/05/2018 | 11:27 edited: 29/05/2018 | 11:20

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I am leaving giffgaff. After almost six years here at the gaff it's time for a change and so I'm heading off to a new challenge. 

It's been a tough decision to make; I've never worked with a company or community as passionate and dedicated (or outright fun) as giffgaff. That's been true from when I joined as a Community Manager to the last 19 months as Head of Community. 

Some of my fondest memories over the years include
  • Nanogaff (my first ever project at giffgaff)
  • Seeing the amount of Payback our members earn for helping one another and how many give so generously to charities every year
  • Several member Christmas parties (the memories of some are a bit hazy for some odd reason)
  • Multiple forum and site redesigns, marketing campaigns and spooky Halloween videos
  • Launching Labs 
  • Having folks join the community team and watching them pick up new projects and do brilliant things with our members
  • The Run By You Awards (and now whole site)
  • Bringing in community members to be a part of the Agent and then Educator team
  • The new guidelines rewrite (going live soon!) 
There are more members, memories, stories and projects than I can possibly mention in this thread. If you've ever sent me a PM, spoken to  me in threads or just taken part on the community, I want to say thanks for making my time here at giffgaff so wonderful.

I'm not leaving until late June so I'll be around for a while yet while we sort for someone to join and support the community and community team once I'm gone. (I have quite a bit to sort out here and at home so apologies if I miss any mentions or PMs, though I'll try to get to all of them as best as I can!)

Thankfully the community team has never been in better (or more) hands than right now. If you need any help at all feel free to ping one of these lovely folks a message: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Meet-The-Community-Team/td-p/7546068

All the best,
Timo
Message 1 of 121
by: bobrobinson
on: 29/05/2018 | 12:51

Hiya @timo_t

Well this news has realy shook me and im realy sad that you are leaving giffgaff Smiley Sad

We have met and chatted a few times at christmas partys and the open house a few years back.

I know for a fact you will be missed by your wonderfull staff and us on the community.

But i wish you all the best in your new venture and what ever you do it will be a big plus for the company you will be going too.

All the best mate and a big thanks for all you have done.

Bob 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 121
by: allan1954
on: 29/05/2018 | 12:55
hi, @timo_t good luck in your new adventure after June.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 121
by: kevincunno
on: 29/05/2018 | 13:29

Hi @timo_t you will be truly missed sadly but I hope what you have ahead of you is awesome and you keep on striving like you have with giffgaff best of luck fellow giffgaffer 

Get a free giffgaff Simdon't judge my path if you haven't walk my journey kevin
Message 4 of 121
by: as7861
on: 29/05/2018 | 15:01 edited: 29/05/2018 | 15:03

Hi, @timo_t

I really struggle for words and sentences on these sad occasions. 

The support you have given to me from the start for different ideas, suggestion and giving me that nudge in right direction. It is really great what you have done on the community and the progress that has been made, there has been difficult times but you have managed to breeze through them and find a solution. 

I do hope you the very best for the future, you will truly be missed. I could go on but I will leave this post here. 

Again Thank you for for all what you have done on the community from me and I am sure fellow members feel the same.

Amer

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 121
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 29/05/2018 | 15:09

@timo_t its always sad when someone leaves but all the best for the future

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 121
by: isabel1066
on: 29/05/2018 | 15:26
@timo_t good luck for the future in your new job.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 121
by: rong42
on: 29/05/2018 | 15:35

That's sad news for the community. It was good to meet you at a few events Timo, and I hope that your new challenge will be an exciting one. Best of luck for the future! 

Message 8 of 121
by: brulaw
on: 29/05/2018 | 16:25

@timo_t

Well ... that came as a bolt out of the blue  , and I have to say that I really believe it will be a big loss to both giffgaff and the community  , 

When you took over from Gregg  you did everything you could to make sure the transition went smoothly and you did ( and have continued to do )  a great job , you have been an asset to giffgaff and a great Head of Community  , Thank you  for all the effort and time you have put into both the network and it's fantastic community  ..... You WILL be missed ,

I'm lucky enough to have been able to meet you in person so I know how passionate you have been ( and will probably remain )  about all things giffgaff ,

Good luck with whatever new venture you are undertaking , and good luck for the future , It would be really nice to see you pop in now and then .

Message 9 of 121
by: digit2
on: 29/05/2018 | 16:37
Very best wishes for the @timo_t
Message 10 of 121