Knowledge Base
Community

An update coming to Payback in December 2018

Started by: t_will
On: 09/08/2018 | 16:47
Replies: 276

by: shibolleth
on: 02/12/2018 | 15:51

As an under-16 (14) giffgaffer, Payback has been a great incentive to help out on the forums, as it has been for many of us. It helps pay for some smaller purchases and such. I like helping out, but a form of monetary compensation serves as a reason to help out. If giffgaff would like to take our Payback, then I can assure you that myself and many like me will not be continuing as members of the help and support form. It just feels alienating, as if we are unwelcome on giffgaff with the new changes. Why exactly have these changes come on? It certainly will not help giffgaff grow in any way

Always mark a best answer and kudo if an answer helped you! It takes less than a second and it helps out the community significantly! Thank you!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 221 of 277
by: jokeyboi77
on: 02/12/2018 | 16:04

It's only going to be a simple text box to tick @shibolleth and you'll not have to provide ID to receive your payback, see the post from Will here confirming this. 

jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 222 of 277
by: natty88
on: 02/12/2018 | 16:09

' @shibolleth unfortunately like any of us members we can't help you with this one your best to speak to an educator like @dez_d  who may be able to help and explain it better to you 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 223 of 277
by: alexmccarthy1212
on: 02/12/2018 | 17:47
Sorry to hear you are leaving
Message 224 of 277
by: figment_uk
on: 03/12/2018 | 05:25

@jokeyboi77

@jokeyboi77 wrote:

It's only going to be a simple text box to tick @shibolleth and you'll not have to provide ID to receive your payback, see the post from Will here confirming this. 

I do hope you're not suggesting that under 16s fib about their age. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 225 of 277
by: jokeyboi77
on: 03/12/2018 | 06:33

@figment_uk wrote:

@jokeyboi77

@jokeyboi77 wrote:

I do hope you're not suggesting that under 16s fib about their age. 

Not at all @figment_uk, however the accidental 'button click' amongst teenagers in the UK these days is at epidemic levels, who knows what'll happen! 😜

jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 226 of 277
by: jaymailsays
on: 03/12/2018 | 11:26
Click to reveal

@shibolleth wrote:

As an under-16 (14) giffgaffer, Payback has been a great incentive to help out on the forums, as it has been for many of us. It helps pay for some smaller purchases and such. I like helping out, but a form of monetary compensation serves as a reason to help out. If giffgaff would like to take our Payback, then I can assure you that myself and many like me will not be continuing as members of the help and support form. It just feels alienating, as if we are unwelcome on giffgaff with the new changes. Why exactly have these changes come on? It certainly will not help giffgaff grow in any way

shibolleth wrote: Why exactly have these changes come on?

@shibolleth Members were told that giffgaff had received complaints from under 16 s Parents in relation to the time spent by their children on this community. Although giffgaff never shared, just how many Parents (or Guardians) had been in contact with them, they decided that they should be seen to react to Parents concern.

giffgaff saw as the simplest solution to Parent's concerns that they would introduce an honesty tick box, to verify every member's age from the 1 December 2018.

So far, Terms & Conditions have not been updated to reflect the new Payback conditions and members are reporting that there is no visable verification box.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 227 of 277
Highlighted
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 03/12/2018 | 21:59
Thanks for the update on this @t_will; it seems like the best way to go about this as having to use actual ID documents would be a major inconvenience for some members, yet makes sure that those who are under 16 won't be earning Payback until they are 16, as per the guidelines set out as of recent.

Please let us know where to find this check box system, when it is implemented - that way I can confirm that I am eligible to be earning Payback (I'm over 16 and was over 16 when I joined Giffgaff).
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 228 of 277
by: jason1973tess
on: 03/12/2018 | 22:08
The members that are under 16 save the money then when they get older that get there money and 10% hose to a charity that they pick
Message 229 of 277
by: mfish
on: 04/12/2018 | 12:25

Thanks for the latest update. I think it the best option and hope it's enough 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 230 of 277