Community

An update on our billing issue

Started by: vespaash2
On: 30/07/2019 | 07:02
Replies: 81

by: pete2009
on: 01/08/2019 | 06:16

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's now all sorted.

Cheers

Message 71 of 82
by: claire1uk
on: 01/08/2019 | 06:51

Thank you for your message @vespaash2. It's good to be kept informed on developments, instead of having to read it elsewhere on the internet. 

I must also say "congratulations" on having the backbone, as a company to face the challenge of the publicity, that such mistakes coming to light brings. 

But, don't do it again! 🤦🤦🤦

🤗🤗🤗

Message 72 of 82
by: t_will
community giff-staffer

on: 01/08/2019 | 10:01

@solvbb wrote:

Well @vespaash2  while I do congratulate you for making this post (and somebody had to), it is apparent that giffgaff is unable to learn from its mistakes

Twice in this thread your attention has been drawn to a serious and ongoing issue related to unwarranted banning of members, closing accounts and subsequent denial to give a PAC code

This was done in the first reply by @essie112mm and later on in message 15 by @suppers_ready 

Unless I have missed something there has been no response on this matter, either here or in the linked thread. I see that @ujo55 did suggest that perhaps this may be the next complaint to OFCOM

Burying your corporate head in the sand is no solution. I was hopeful that as CEO you would be willing and able to initiate some more rapid action, but the absence of a response makes it looks like you don't consider it important and don't care

Perhaps you would like to consider the example told by @jaymailsays in message 117 of the other thread. It concerns a member who was banned for sending messages to friends, updating them on the condition of someone who was sick in hospital.

That doesn't look good does it ?

This is a really important issue for us to solve, and after seeing this post, Ash asked me to update you on how we're addressing it. As Henna mentioned in the thread, alongside multiple updates from the team on our progress, there's an important balance to be struck here. It's very hard to read such emotive stories from members about how the current policy has affected them, and we need a system that accounts for situations like these. We need to be careful, though, that we're not introducing any leeway that spammers will be able to take advantage of, as not everyone uses our network with the best intentions. At the moment, if anyone feels that they've been caught by this SIM suspension inappropriately, our agent team will be able to look at the case and lift the suspension where necessary.

Our development teams are currently working on a solution that will better define legitimate spikes in usage from genuine members and be able to separate them from fraudulent usage, so that we can give a more tailored approach, and we'll make sure that we provide a further update on that thread when we're able to implement the change.

giffgaff community staffer - let me know if you want to chat about anything.
You can send me a message and we'll get rolling. Need a topic? Try here.
Message 73 of 82
by: joshpt
on: 01/08/2019 | 18:41
Thank you for the honest information
Message 74 of 82
by: solvbb
on: 01/08/2019 | 19:36

@t_will 

Many thanks for posting the above response and I am pleased the issue of erroneous bans is considered important by Ash

With CEO support I am sure a quick solution can be found and the advice to agents to look at cases and lift suspensions where appropriate will be welcomed. I assume that thisalso  means bans can also be reversed.

Message 75 of 82
by: elli87
on: 02/08/2019 | 02:35
Cheers for letting us know
Message 76 of 82
by: chand311
on: 02/08/2019 | 21:19

I'm safe! 

Message 77 of 82
by: hdavey17
on: 03/08/2019 | 05:08

How will the decision on which charities to donate to be decided?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 78 of 82
by: figment_uk
on: 03/08/2019 | 21:52

@hdavey17 

@hdavey17 wrote:

How will the decision on which charities to donate to be decided?

The charities have already been decided and the donations made. The money was evenly split between the 10 charities that reached the voting stage of the last two payback periods

@vespaash2  wrote:

Our most dedicated members nominate charities every six months to be the recipient of Payback donations, and we will be splitting this amount evenly between the ten charities that have been shortlisted over the last twelve months, to make sure it is going to causes that giffgaff members care about.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 79 of 82
Highlighted
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 04/08/2019 | 18:57
I hope giff gaff will be OK.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 80 of 82