Started by: alex_w
On: 31/10/2013 | 14:59
Replies: 257

Highlighted
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 31/10/2013 | 14:59 edited: 14/11/2013 | 12:26

Good day to you all,

It’s time for us to kick off the December 2013 payback processes, and the first of those – as always – is to open up nominations for the charities you’d like to be considered for voting. As with our previous payback periods, we’ll offer you all the chance to donate your payback to charity and giffgaff will match that amount.

Last time we gave over £12,000 each to Great Ormond Street Hospital and Water Aid, and you can read more about our charitable payback donations in this blog. So, to kick off the process, let’s start nominating the charities you would love to see supported by us this time.

Some important information for you:

• Add a response to this thread with the charity you are nominating and a reason why – best way to get people to support your choice is to explain why they are a good pick.

• We are going to exclude previous winners from being able to receive this time round as we want to make sure as many charities as possible can benefit from your payback donations. So please do not nominate any of the following please:

- Cancer Research UK
          - Macmillan Cancer Support
          - Help for Heroes
          - Ummah Welfare Trust
          - Teenage Cancer Trust
          - Air Ambulance Association
          - Water Aid
          - Great Ormond Street Hospital 

• We will count up the number of nominations and put together a short list for voting. Kudos for nominations will not be counted so please keep that in mind.

• Nominations will close at 18:00 (6pm) on November 13th 2013 and the top 5 charities nominated by you will be announced.

• Voting will begin from November 14th  2013 and will be carried out the same way as last time (emailed survey – so make sure you are receiving emails from us).

• Voting will close at 18:00 (6pm) on November 28th 2013.

• The total amount raised will be split between the top two voted for charities.

• As with last time, we will also open a “JustGiving” page for the chosen charities too, so you can donate more/part of your payback – details on this will be posted later.

So – start nominating. We look forward to seeing which charities make it into the short list this time...

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 1 of 258
by: bob201012
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:03
Nspcc simply due to the horrific child abuse cases we have seen this year time to stand up for kids who deserve a better life away from torture and abuse,
Message 2 of 258
by: lnb1996
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:10

Macmillan Cancer Support.

They are literally Angels here on Earth.  The work they do is outstanding.

Please don't forget to Kudo if my post is helpful or mark as Best Answer if appropriate, thanks.
To get a free sim with £5 credit, click on the link below or if it's more urgent, send me a PM.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 258
by: bob201012
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:11
^^^^they have been chosen before ^^^^^

Excluded!!
Message 4 of 258
by: joolzian
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:22

PDSA,  hopefully they can go one better than last time.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 258
by: jbmatthew
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:22
I'm with bob201012 on this one.

My nomination is the NSPCC. They do great work and I think our donations would go a long way to help children in need of help.
If my post helped you why not accept as solution or give it a kudo!
Message 6 of 258
by: ma2013
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:42 edited: 08/11/2013 | 08:53

I nominate Shelter. In these difficult times, I think it's important we remember that there are people in this country who are homeless and need help and support.

See more details at:

http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/shelter

If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 258
by: diwatty
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:48

https://www.tchc.org.uk/ 

Please support The Children's Hospital Charity  

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 8 of 258
by: amyholloway
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:51

Started reading this thread without any charity in mind but I now find myself also plumping for the NSPCC. Very worthwhile and do great work. 

Message 9 of 258
by: talisker35
on: 31/10/2013 | 15:58 edited: 31/10/2013 | 15:59

Hi everyone,

How about the British Legion (After all were just around the corner from remembrance day)

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/

They promote & safeguard the memory of those who have given their lives for our freedom through Remembrance education and events

They serve members of the Armed Forces, ex-Service men and women (veterans), their families and dependants all year-round.

We provide practical care & support to the Armed Forces family all year round. Welfare is at the heart of everything they do.

Paul.

Please note I do not receive payback for any posts I make on the giffgaff community.
Message 10 of 258