Knowledge Base
Community

[Closed] Charity Nominations - Payback June 2014

Started by: christian_b
On: 02/05/2014 | 10:03
Replies: 196

by: wyldes
on: 15/05/2014 | 07:08

Three cheers for Giffgaff promoting charitable giving. Hmmmm, the nominations are all very worthwhile so v difficult to choose.... I think this time around I'll support nomination for the Hospice Association. Scandalous that one of the richest countries in the world has no state funding for dignity for the dying

Message 171 of 197
by: wyldes
on: 15/05/2014 | 07:11

Ooops, I meant Hospice Aid UK

Message 172 of 197
Highlighted
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 15/05/2014 | 09:03

@gordie10 wrote:
Hey, Christian.

I just noticed the banner in the Hub says nominations close on "Friday 16th May", so you may want to get that changed. Smiley Happy

Hey @gordie10 

Thanks. Actually my post yesterday was the mistake Smiley Tongue we've decided to keep the voting open a bit longer, and we'll tally up the results tomorrow morning and post the short list the same day, so nominations will now close at 8am tomorrow Smiley Happy

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 173 of 197
by: premierphotosuk
on: 15/05/2014 | 09:15 edited: 15/05/2014 | 09:39

Here is my vote,  the dogs trust 

HELP US GIVE A HAPPY HOME TO THOUSANDS OF STRAY AND ABANDONED DOGS

We never destroy a healthy dog,

I feel that animals have a right to a good home too. http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/default.aspx

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 174 of 197
by: gordie10
on: 15/05/2014 | 09:21

@premierphotosuk wrote:

Here is my vote,  Teenage Cancer Trust

Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival for young people between the ages of 13 and 24 who have cancer.

Stephen Sutton: How a teenager touched our hearts – and raised more than £3m for charity

<snip> 

His mother said her heart is 'bursting with pride but breaking with pain' after announcing the death of her 'courageous' son 

God bless RIP Stephen sutton 

i donated £50 towards help for the young ones. see here how to http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/get-involved/make-a-donation/

Unfortunately your nomination is ineligible, as indicated in the OP, as this charity has benefitted from giffgaff payback donations in the past.

So, if you would like your nomination to count, please choose a charity that does not appear in the list in the OP. Smiley Happy

Message 175 of 197
on: 15/05/2014 | 09:40

@gordie10 wrote:

@premierphotosuk wrote:

Here is my vote,  Teenage Cancer Trust

Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival for young people between the ages of 13 and 24 who have cancer.

Stephen Sutton: How a teenager touched our hearts – and raised more than £3m for charity

<snip> 

His mother said her heart is 'bursting with pride but breaking with pain' after announcing the death of her 'courageous' son 

God bless RIP Stephen sutton 

i donated £50 towards help for the young ones. see here how to http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/get-involved/make-a-donation/

Unfortunately your nomination is ineligible, as indicated in the OP, as this charity has benefitted from giffgaff payback donations in the past.

So, if you would like your nomination to count, please choose a charity that does not appear in the list in the OP. Smiley Happy

gordie10  i left me brains a t home today, thanks for pointing this outSmiley Wink

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 176 of 197
on: 15/05/2014 | 09:40 edited: 15/05/2014 | 09:42

error

Message 177 of 197
by: rixopod
on: 15/05/2014 | 12:15
Another nomination for Action for M.E Smiley Happy
I know several members of the gg community have it, as well as my sister and would be good to see them get some funding Smiley Happy
Message 178 of 197
by: jamesteodorini
on: 15/05/2014 | 12:18

I nominate the 

Stroke Association

Over 152,000 people will have a stroke every year in the UK.

• 50,000 people will die from their stroke
  • 50,000 will be left with a long term disability
  • 50,000 will make a full recovery, but only with the right support and help.

Stroke doesn't get the attention it deserves, despite killing three times as women as breast cancer and twice as many men as prostate cancer and testicular cancer combined.

The Stroke Association is the only UK wide charity working to stop stroke. They help stroke survivors rebuild their lives through their services, they invest heavily into research to prevent stroke and campaign to push stroke further up the political agenda...where it belongs!

Message 179 of 197
by: jaydubblewe
on: 15/05/2014 | 14:46

I nominate Meningitis Now

www.meningitisnow.org

The impact of meningitis is devastating - leaving people bereaved or facing a future with lifelong disability.

Meningitis facts:

• 10% of bacterial cases result in death.
• 15% of those who survive bacterial meningitis are left with severe after-effects such as brain damage, hearing and sight loss, and where septicaemia (blood poisoning) has occurred, loss of limbs and scarring.
• Bacterial meningitis kills more UK children under the age of five than any other infectious disease.
• Viral meningitis is usually less serious than bacterial meningitis but can still leave people with long-lasting after-effects, such as headaches, fatigue and memory problems.

With no central Government funding, they are dependent on voluntary donations to continue their work. 

Message 180 of 197