Started by: timo_t
On: 16/06/2016 | 09:20
Replies: 284

Highlighted
by: timo_t
former giff-staffer

on: 16/06/2016 | 09:20 edited: 16/06/2016 | 09:42

Hey all,

As many of you know, we’re constantly reviewing the way we do things here at giffgaff and on the community. We’re now half-way through 2016 and we’ve come to the conclusion that our evening and weekend community coverage could do with a little extra support. Since the community doesn’t take days off, neither do we – that’s why we have people in our team working 7 days a week to make sure there’s someone around, no matter what day it is. The way we’ve done this since the very beginning is through a full-time team who all work here at giffgaff HQ. It’s time to mix things up a little and rather than just working harder, it’s time we worked a little smarter.

Much like the successes we’ve seen with our Run By You/working from home agents over the past few years (check out Ash’s original post here) we are going to roll out a similar plan of action for our community team.

I'm pleased to announce that we are hiring for some new people to join the community team as working from home Educators.

It's an opportunity to help the community tick along, get to know some of our members a little better and make sure that everyone on the community is having a good time and making the most of the amazing forum & community we have here. All from the comfort of your own home.

This Educator role is part-time and focused on covering weekends and weekday afternoons & evenings.

Sound like your cup of tea? Submit your application here

(the direct URL if need you to copy/paste it: https://telefonica.recsolu.com/external/requisitions/D4vgogqEeSaXd0odfu15_w)

We can’t wait to have you on board and if you have any questions, please let me know below.

Cheers,

Timo

Message 1 of 285
by: mark1101b
on: 16/06/2016 | 10:15

Morning @timo_t

Hope your well ?

That is really cool.. I am sure you will get a lot of interest on this one 

Message 2 of 285
by: rong42
on: 16/06/2016 | 10:38

Interesting to see this approach rolled out to the community team, I image there will be a lot of interest. 

I guess this approach could help with some of the late night / weekend moderation issues that have inspired various ideas over the years. 

Message 3 of 285
by: kath72
on: 16/06/2016 | 16:01

What a great idea.... some of us suggested it a while ago during the discussion about members setting best answers.  

great to see it being implimented and I'm sure you will get a lot of interest, ideal student part time job!  Unfortunately not for me as evenings and weekends are teh busiest part of my working week as a full time mum Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 285
by: bertiebat
on: 16/06/2016 | 17:01

Unfortunately I'm not fluffy or patient enough for the majority of the work the Educators do Cat Tongue much as I'd love to weald a banning hammer to a few persistent cheating members I know that even Educators don't have that much power unfortunately.

So since I'm not looking to be sacked from the outset, I'll continue to chip away from the sidelines.  Smiley Wink

On a side note, I do think that idea gardeners should be considered again and I'd be happy to get involved with that.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 285
by: jammydodge
on: 16/06/2016 | 18:13

@timo_t

This looks awesome! It's such a great idea as there have been occasions where evening eds are needed but there is only one available and so cannot deal with all the issues arising at once.

I for one being a student am looking for a part time job after school and is right up my street being and existing member. I'd love to do it but whether my practically non existent CV (do my age) will be accepted is another matter. The hours I would work would be within the legal amount for my age being a 'night' shift.

Could someone tell me whether it is worth me applying? I am only 15 but turing 16 in September. Afternoons and evenings would be the legal hours for my age and they go up at 16 so will I be accepted. I don't have any GCSE's bar French as I am bilingual. I am due to take mine next summer.

JD

“Click“Click“Service “Click
Message 6 of 285
by: gsklb04
on: 16/06/2016 | 20:59

Hi @timo_t great to see your expanding the business. 

Good ode luck to anyone who applies for the job.

Unfortunately due to my ill health al not be applying for the position.   

https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gsklb04
Message 7 of 285
by: ma2013
on: 16/06/2016 | 22:06
Great stuff, 7 day service. Nice one giffgaff! ☺📱😊
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 285
by: gordie10
on: 17/06/2016 | 00:05
What @bertiebat said. It also applies to me. Might've gone for it a couple of years ago, but not now.

Hope you get some good, responsible candidates.
Message 9 of 285
by: brulaw
on: 17/06/2016 | 01:33 edited: 17/06/2016 | 01:38

@timo_t

Nice to see giffgaff offering an opportunity to members of the community ..... thumbup.gif

I would'nt think I'd be an appropriate candidate for this  , but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would ( will ) be  .... So , To all those who apply I wish you all the best and Good Luck . 

giffgaffers s.jpg

Message 10 of 285