Coming soon - Dashboard Light

Started by: paddy_b
On: 25/06/2018 | 10:09
Replies: 116

by: paddy_b
former giff-staffer

on: 25/06/2018 | 10:09 edited: 19/07/2018 | 17:55

Hi Folks,

We want to make it easy for members to interact with giffgaff. Our research tells us that a lot of members visit giffgaff only to check their current goodybag status or balance, but this entails logging in and navigating to their account. We know this isn't always ideal if you're in a hurry or just want to know when your goodybag expires or how much data you've used this month.

In the near future, we'll be gradually rolling out a new 'Dashboard Light' feature on giffgaff.com that will show your goodybag status and balance in a condensed form on the home page without you having to login. This will work as long as you selected the 'remember me' checkbox the last time you logged in.

As well as making life easier, we let you stay in control. You can choose if you want to be remembered. If you previously chose to be remembered but now prefer not to be, simply click on the 'not you' link and Dashboard Light will disappear.

You'll still be asked to login if you want to see your full account details, make changes, top up or buy another goodybag.

We'll provide an update once it's live, but we hope you like it.

Update 19/07/18: I'm pleased to say that we've now gone live with Dashboard Light. At the moment a controlled group of members will see Dashboard Light. We'll gradually increase the number of people over the course of the next week. I've attached some screenshots in both desktop and mobile formats to give you an idea of what to expect. As always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Paddy

DashLight_Comm4.pngDashLight_Comm5.png

Message 1 of 117
by: endorphin
on: 25/06/2018 | 10:12

Thanks for the update @paddy_b and it sounds like a reasonably useful and thought out feature. Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 117
by: allan1954
on: 25/06/2018 | 10:13
cheers @paddy_b this new feature should be good for giffgaff members.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 117
by: bill48er
on: 25/06/2018 | 11:28

Hi @paddy_b

Sounds good.

I hope that the "opt out" will be very prominent along with the reminder not to use remember me on public WiFi like a cafe or bar etc.

Bill.

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 4 of 117
by: as7861
on: 25/06/2018 | 11:37
Hi @paddy_b

Awesome feature, it will surely make people's life easier.

Nice one!
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 117
by: isabel1066
on: 25/06/2018 | 11:48
Hi @paddy_b this looks good.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 117
by: bobrobinson
on: 25/06/2018 | 11:58

Hiya @paddy_b

That sounds realy cool and handy for many gaffers.

Thanks for the heads up on it .

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 117
by: rickvigorous
on: 25/06/2018 | 12:10
I find it mildly annoying as leave my browser window open and this the same as the old automatic log out, but without me realising I am logged out...
Message 9 of 117
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 25/06/2018 | 12:37

hi @paddy_b very useful indeed

Look forward to the update

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 117