Credit payments - processing credit payments

Started by: clairekav
On: 07/06/2012 | 18:24
Replies: 17

by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 07/06/2012 | 18:24 edited: 08/06/2012 | 15:13

Good news,

If you were quick enough to select Credit - we're started to process the early payback payments - just part of the £1.1million we're giving back over all (see blog £1.1 Million Paying back for more info).

The first credit payments will start hitting members account balances from tomorrow morning - exciting times.

Thanks to everyone that has participated in Payback in the past 6 months.

We've got a record number of members that made an early selection for Credit - we're really pleased to be starting giving back already.

If you haven't made your selection yet - head to My giffgaff, on the right hand side, you'll see your Payback widget. Simply pick how you'd like your Payback - as Cash, Credit or Donation to the community selected Charity Ummah Welfare Trust.

If you're one of the lucky early birds who selected credit early, so check if your payment has come through, see How to check your balance

Second round of payments begin next Wednesday - where we'll be paying back the Paypal, remaining credit payments and announcing how much we're donating to charity 

Payback dates: Points earned between 1st December and 31st May will be paid back.

8th June: For those that selected Credit prior to midnight 5th June, they'll start to receive their credit payments from Friday, it may take a few days for the payments to all clear through - we expect everyone in the early lot to have their payment by Saturday afternoon

13th June:

• Paypal payments will be processed from the 13th, they'll be prioritised in order of date selection, it may take up to 5 working days to process all the payments 
  • Charity donations will be matched by giffgaff and we'll make an announcement on the 13th as to how much will be going to Ummah Welfare trust via the blog
  • Credit payments, any remaining credit payments will be processed from the 13th June - we expect they'll take up to 5 days to process through.

For full information please see this post: Payback is nearly here: what do you need to do?

Thanks again - happy almost paying back day!

Edit 10am Friday: The payments are hitting accounts now, it'll take a few hours for them to flow through as there are thousands of payments to chug through.... will let you know when they let me know when they've finished

Edit 3pm Friday: Looks like we're done and dusted, Round 1 = done.

Anyone who selected Credit prior to midnight 5th June - we have attempted to send you your Payback as credit today.

Thousands of payments sped through - I'm pleased to say, the file has completed.

FAQ: If I selected credit early and haven't received my payment yet, what should I do? Wait till 22nd June

The payment can fail for a few reasons, if your account has gone inactive (ie you've reported it lost/stolen) while we attempted to credit your account for example. We'll reattempt a few times over the next 2 weeks. If you haven't received your credit payment by 22nd June, please contact an agent.

Please note: if you contact an agent to enquire where your payback payment is prior to 22nd June, they won't be able to provide further information - until 22nd June, when we'll have completed all our re-tries.

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 1 of 18
by: wowzaa
on: 07/06/2012 | 18:27
Thanks for letting us know
Get a free giffgaff Sim
The sim will come as a dual sim
Message 2 of 18
by: stealthybigboss
great, I chose paypal Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 18
by: solid247
Just in time im skint lol Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 18
by: badgerhud
on: 07/06/2012 | 18:29
Can't wait, it's taking forever to arrive! The kids have gotta eat Smiley Wink
I Hope My Post Helps Smiley Happy - To Order a SIM With £5 FREE Credit Click Below...

Message 5 of 18
by: mobiles4u
on: 07/06/2012 | 18:29
I choose paypal few weeks back but shows as airtime credit instead. Smiley Sad
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 18
by: pad3
on: 07/06/2012 | 18:30
thanks for this and my payback
Message 7 of 18
by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 07/06/2012 | 18:36

@mobiles4u wrote:
I choose paypal few weeks back but shows as airtime credit instead. Smiley Sad

Just double checking - you need to have at least £10 payback to qualify for a PayPal payment, if you have less than £9.99 or less if you have selected Paypal, it'll default to Credit.

It is only possible to change your selection by going into My giffgaff to change it yourself or raising a case to the Agent team, to request them to change it for you.

Hopefully this clears things up for you

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 8 of 18
by: trudiw
on: 07/06/2012 | 18:38

Brilliant Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18