Community

December 2018 Payback Calculations

Started by: alex_w
On: 07/01/2019 | 09:17
Replies: 155

by: alanjury
on: 15/01/2019 | 09:40 edited: 15/01/2019 | 10:15

Yes, @smithster225225, me too.

If giffgaff staffare going to post a thread to keep us updated, then I really think it is incumbent upon them to keep the thread updated! We have heard nothing new since Friday, when we were told our points for December had been done and may be on the website later that day.

Perhaps @alex_w might let us know what’s going on, even if he is ‘busy’ with the new forum.

Message 81 of 156
by: raqib1998
on: 15/01/2019 | 09:47
I don't think I'm getting any points for last month anyway
Message 82 of 156
Highlighted
by: jonkent
on: 15/01/2019 | 10:18
@smithster225225 @alanjury

Patience is a virtue guys, and besides, points earned can't be redeemed 'til June anyways.

I never understand the urgency/rush some members have...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 83 of 156
by: padiho
on: 15/01/2019 | 10:27

@jonkent Everyone's different, doesn't make one person right or wrong 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 84 of 156
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 15/01/2019 | 10:32

@alanjury wrote:

If giffgaff staffare going to post a thread to keep us updated, then I really think it is incumbent upon them to keep the thread updated! We have heard nothing new since Friday, when we were told our points for December had been done and may be on the website later that day.

Perhaps @alex_w might let us know what’s going on, even if he is ‘busy’ with the new forum.

I've asked for an update on why the December points haven't been uploaded to the site yet. I'm not currently aware of any specific reason for the delay. As soon as I hear anything, I'll provide an update here.

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 85 of 156
by: ray2
on: 15/01/2019 | 10:52

@alex_w wrote:

@alanjury wrote:

I've asked for an update on why the December points haven't been uploaded to the site yet. I'm not currently aware of any specific reason for the delay. As soon as I hear anything, I'll provide an update here.

Hi @alex_w

Maybe to take the pressure off yourself the team members who deal with uploading the points or someone close to it should perhaps update this thread.

I think your being pulled in all directions and the pressure surely should be eased by someone else taking over this thread (although for the life of me i don't understand why members are getting aggy over the points update,when they arn't even due to get it till june,and just had a payout last month,but hey ho each to their own) Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 86 of 156
on: 15/01/2019 | 11:39

@ray2 wrote:

i don't understand why members are getting aggy over the points update,when they arn't even due to get it till june,and just had a payout last month,but hey ho each to their own) :smiley-wink:

If you are referring to me, @ray2, the reason I am getting ‘aggy’ Is quite simple. If staff members post a thread to keep members updated, they should then make sure that the thread is kept up to date.

If they can’t ensure that, then maybe they should simply post an announcement with something to the effect of “Sorry, we’re all really busy with the new version of the forum at the moment, so we can’t keep you updated as normal here. However, we do hope that the points update will appear on the website by xx, with the points update following a day or two later.”

Think of it as being honest and transparent with customers (sorry) members.

Message 87 of 156
on: 15/01/2019 | 11:40 edited: 15/01/2019 | 11:42

@alex_w wrote:

Thanks @alex_w

Message 88 of 156
by: ray2
on: 15/01/2019 | 12:06

@alanjury wrote:

@ray2 wrote:

i don't understand why members are getting aggy over the points update,when they arn't even due to get it till june,and just had a payout last month,but hey ho each to their own) :smiley-wink:

If you are referring to me, @ray2, the reason I am getting ‘aggy’ Is quite simple. If staff members post a thread to keep members updated, they should then make sure that the thread is kept up to date.

If they can’t ensure that, then maybe they should simply post an announcement with something to the effect of “Sorry, we’re all really busy with the new version of the forum at the moment, so we can’t keep you updated as normal here. However, we do hope that the points update will appear on the website by xx, with the points update following a day or two later.”

Think of it as being honest and transparent with customers (sorry) members.

@alanjury

Perhaps you should read alex post again as he wasn't aware payback points hadn't been uploaded,which is why i made a suggestion that some other member of staff could take this thread over,as clearly alex is up to his eye balls with other things.

I stand by my point,that i don't understand why some members are getting aggy when it is just a points update not a payout. but i will also say again hey ho each to their own.

Anyway were going off topic here,i'm sure everyone can manage a bit more patience while  alex tries to find out what is happening.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 89 of 156
by: mij_sky
on: 15/01/2019 | 12:15
the jan , first payback always takes a while ,,, no rush , so when it comes it comes ,,,, they are always so good and we can't get till june anyway lol
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 90 of 156