Replies: 4508

by: nathanlilley25
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:46

HI would like mone as a bundle of possible 

Message 101 of 4,509
by: uvbmike
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:47

@liljamesjnr04 wrote:

A LITTLE TEXT MESSAGE WOULD HAVE GONE A LONG WAY YESTERDAY, I EXPECTED A LOT MORE FROM GIFFGAFF. TO BE PRECISE I LOST £456.73 YESTERDAY BEFORE I FOUND OUT IT WASN'T JUST MY PHONE THAT WAS DOWN, I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS, YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO SEND A TEXT OUT, MY TEXT MESSAGES WERE SAYING FAILED BUT STILL CAME THROUGH AND WENT THROUGH, SO WHY COULDN'T YOU LET US KNOW, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE BEEN WIITH GIFFGAFF FOR 3 YEARS + . I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT ONCE BECAUSE I LOST MY PHONE AND THEY DIDNT BOTHER EVER GIVING MY NUMBER BACK AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS, I GIVE UP, BUT AS FOR YESTERDAY I AM FURIOUS, I WOULD LIKE A GOOD DISCOUNT ON A GOOD PHONE FOR MY COMPENSATION, AS THE MONEY I LOST WAS TO BUY A NEW PHONE , IF NOT THEN I THINK VODAFONE'S DOING SOME GOOD DEALS ON DATA NOW

@liljamesjnr04

Giffgaff's terms and conditions state that you can only use the network for personal use, not business.  How would you lose £456.73 of personal money just by not being able to use mobile data?   

If somehow you did lose personal money you might have a legal case for compensation but you would have to prove negligence on giffgaff's part and that you weren't placing an inappropriate expectation on the ability to use your phone.  

Since giffgaff almost certainly weren't negligent, you probably don't have a strong case.  

If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 102 of 4,509
Highlighted
by: hdavey17
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:48

@vespaash2 There has be lots of comments about compensation on the forums. I doubted we would get anything, especially with it not directly being Giff Gaffs daily, so to see this post alone is fantastic to read and once again puts my faith in Giff Gaff. Thank you Giff Gaff workers!!!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 103 of 4,509
by: alexmgg2
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:49

@jamie5146 wrote:

I use my phone for business it impacted me as I was unable to contact customers and vis Versa

From the terms and conditions:

3.5. Your use of the Services must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.

If my answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 104 of 4,509
by: kathleen414
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:50

@vespaash2 

Thanks for the update , yes it was very inconvienent but these things happen 

Message 105 of 4,509
by: uvbmike
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:51

@esco33 wrote:

Where is my link for refund 💁🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Read the original message ! 

If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 106 of 4,509
by: haiilovedrake
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:51
It affected me in a big way since I commute to and from uni which is a very long journey. I rely on my data to book train tickets. I had troubles contacting tutors, students in my group work, friends and family. However I'm really understanding that this couldn't be helped and that giffgaff is run by lovely kind people who do the best to serve their customers. Therefore I tried not to be too frustrated although it was a super inconvenient situation.

Message 107 of 4,509
by: kumu72
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:52

shouldn't have to do anything. it was 13 hours.. who cares. if people can't live without a mobile for half a day then... natural selection needs to work faster because thats PATHETIC. it went down... who cares. don't apologise Giffgaff.  life goes on. 

Message 108 of 4,509
by: deltapapa117
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:54
Hope you are ready to pay out to me nearly £400 in lost business...
Message 109 of 4,509
by: kumu72
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:54
lol the most you pay is 25 a month. work out what you pay per day, then half it.

in other words, grow up
Message 110 of 4,509