On: 07/12/2018 | 13:34
Replies: 4492

by: aikimagic_pip
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:10

No sign of email yet!?

Message 1351 of 4,493
by: vtrmart76
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:14

I have not any email yet and wish to register for credit seeing as I couldn’t use my phone for a day virtually. I use data for and within my job, mainly sat nav, and couldn’t reach any of my patients that day- please respond.

Message 1352 of 4,493
by: 4128334
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:25
@fuzzy19
Good Morning,
Have you checked you have clicked to receive in emails in your Profiles.?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1353 of 4,493
by: 4128334
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:27
@vtrmart76
Good Morning,
Have you checked that you have ticked to receive emails in your Profile Settings?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1354 of 4,493
by: albert67
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:31

To all those complaining about the inconvenience of this outage, and the necessity of having phone access at all times,  it's simple - ALL networks go down occasionally, so do as I did years ago and get yourself a (cheap) second phone and a PAYG sim on another network and you won't suffer the distress you have been reporting...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1355 of 4,493
by: benmee
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:33
So what’s happening with this refund, been waiting for an email but not herd anything yet. Tbh I think giffgaff has gone down hil in the last few months.
Message 1356 of 4,493
by: _frank_
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:44

The complaining about network outage is a bit ludicrous. It went down for a day, the providers all apologised, it happens sometimes. Get over it. Stop stomping your feet holding your hand out for compo and take some responsibility. If it effected your business, then sorry but you really should have business continuity planning in place. If you rely on any tech you need to have a fallback. If you really can't cope because your phone has gone down for a few hours, you need to take a long look at your reliance on it and take stock!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1357 of 4,493
by: dobermantis
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:53
I have not received the email and I was affected.
Message 1358 of 4,493
by: matttytn2
on: 10/12/2018 | 08:58

@vespaash2 wrote:

I posted on December 6th to apologise for the mobile data outage that affected our giffgaff members.

We’ve been reading your comments throughout the day and night which has brought to life some of the problems it caused you. We wish it hadn’t happened, but it did, so we want to do what we can to make amends.

We can see from the stories you’ve shared that it affected you all differently. To make sure we’re reflecting this I’m going to set aside a ‘goodwill fund’. If you feel yesterday had a significant impact on you, you can register for your share of the fund. There will be two options - you will be able to choose whether to take a share of the fund as credit, or donate your share to charity.

We’ll be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice.

Registration will stay open until close of play on Friday 14th Dec and I’ll update you again on next steps on Monday 17th.

I’d like to say sorry again that this has happened. We let you down and that’s never something we want to do.

Ash

@vespaash2 wrote:

I posted on December 6th to apologise for the mobile data outage that affected our giffgaff members.

We’ve been reading your comments throughout the day and night which has brought to life some of the problems it caused you. We wish it hadn’t happened, but it did, so we want to do what we can to make amends.

We can see from the stories you’ve shared that it affected you all differently. To make sure we’re reflecting this I’m going to set aside a ‘goodwill fund’. If you feel yesterday had a significant impact on you, you can register for your share of the fund. There will be two options - you will be able to choose whether to take a share of the fund as credit, or donate your share to charity.

We’ll be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice.

Registration will stay open until close of play on Friday 14th Dec and I’ll update you again on next steps on Monday 17th.

I’d like to say sorry again that this has happened. We let you down and that’s never something we want to do.

Ash

@vespaash2 wrote:

Not had the email with link what is going on had no data all day. Member matttytn2

Message 1359 of 4,493
Highlighted
by: margaretstinchcombe
on: 10/12/2018 | 09:05

Hi I haven’t had an email about the outage it impacted me in the fact I was seriously ill & couldn’t phone anyone to get help 

Message 1360 of 4,493