December 6th's outage - what we're doing to say sorry [Updated]

Started by: vespaash2
On: 07/12/2018 | 13:34
Replies: 4536

by: jonkent
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:04

@lizzi40875 wrote:

NO IT'S NOT OKAY!!
THIS IS ARIP OFF COMPANY IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.
I DON'T BELIEVE FOR A MINUTE THAT THEY'LL GIVE A SINGLE PENNY TO ANY CHARITY. THEIR FULL OF bull**bleep**!! !

Hey, you forgot to turn off Caps Lock Smiley Surprised

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4501 of 4,537
by: patchandcrew
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:58

@lizzi40875 wrote:

NO IT'S NOT OKAY!!
THIS IS ARIP OFF COMPANY IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.
I DON'T BELIEVE FOR A MINUTE THAT THEY'LL GIVE A SINGLE PENNY TO ANY CHARITY. THEIR FULL OF bull**bleep**!! !

It would be pretty silly to do as you suggest after the donation was made so public don't you think? Crisis would be disputing receiving the money don't you think? 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/giffgaff-donate-nearly-400k-charity-15564026

Such a cynical unpleasant and unwarranted rant, I despair sometimes 😐 

Message 4502 of 4,537
by: gcase64
on: 22/01/2019 | 06:15
@victoria224
Please share with everyone who this better supplier is.
Message 4503 of 4,537
by: darrenjamesdrake
on: 22/01/2019 | 10:12

Hi there it Darren drake her I never got to Mack a choice and I have been erected berry badly so I hope you can help thanks 

Message 4504 of 4,537
by: lyngaw
on: 22/01/2019 | 12:31
You had a choice of credit which you could of had if you don't believe it would go to charity im sure the charity would of said if they didn't receive the donation
Message 4505 of 4,537
by: gcase64
on: 22/01/2019 | 18:26
@lizzi40875.
You are most certainly entitled to your opinion,as is everyone.I would really like to know what has occurred to lead you to have this opinion that giffgaff is a rip off company.If you have a solid foundation for the reason why you don't believe giffgaff will give the money donated by it's members to any charity I think you should let us all know what the basis of your opinion is.After all if you truly believe what you claim then you should be feeling obliged to share this with all members.
Message 4506 of 4,537
by: ecra74
on: 23/01/2019 | 12:21

Fully appreciate that the problem was O2's, rather than specifically of Gigggaff's making.  Having been ludicrously busy

during the run up to Christmas, exacerbated by an on-going laptop problem (we don't even try to do anything of great importance on our mobiles unless absolutely necessary), hadn't got around to addressing the content of your December

e-mail regarding "outage" until now - when a convenient little 'breathing space' came up.  For sure, cannot clearly recall

whether or not we had call problems*, BUT texts were definitely a stumbling block at that time - including one particularly

important message that we needed to send and, subsequently, made our apologies when we were able to make call(s) 

to the intended recipient(s).    

(* on THIS giffgaff account, that is)

SO, all things considered, better to have done a "sweep" to check which customers had NOT responded BEFORE

closing the making amends facility.  Our OTHER active account on giffgaff will, no doubt, be similarly affected.

Message 4507 of 4,537
by: patchandcrew
on: 25/01/2019 | 00:13

@ecra74 wrote:

Fully appreciate that the problem was O2's, rather than specifically of Gigggaff's making. 

It was neither - it was Ericsson who made an error Smiley Happy

<snip>

BUT texts were definitely a stumbling block at that time - including one particularly

important message that we needed to send and, subsequently, made our apologies when we were able to make call(s) 

to the intended recipient(s).    

Texts did go outward, [ some in multiples ], but unfortunately software said they were not sent.

SO, all things considered, better to have done a "sweep" to check which customers had NOT responded BEFORE

closing the making amends facility.  

How long after though ?

You have responded, for instance, well over a month after the outage. How long should it have been held open whilst giffgaff chase and chase members ? Many have admitted their email addy was not up to date [ which is actually a breach of the t&c's], so how many others are the same and will never have got the email to respond to - there has to be a reasonable cut-off. 

Given the charity which was chosen, the most desperate time for them needing funds is before xmas - should it still have been left open for stragglers who have not checked/updated emails for weeks or months after the event ? 

This community facility is the perfect place for people to catch up/find out whats what/update details etc, and as the outage was all over the media at the time I am sure anyone who was actually bothered by it would head here at the first chance they got. The fact that so few, relatively speaking, did actually come on here about it suggests to me that, on the whole, it was pretty much a non-event for thousands upon thousands of members. How much time and effort should giffgaff [ who did not cause the issue ], spend chasing up every single one of them to get them to respond ?

Smiley Happy

Message 4508 of 4,537
by: bornagain1
on: 25/01/2019 | 21:09
It's about time this thread was shut down, it's happened, we have been compensated. End of!
Message 4509 of 4,537
by: mic2016
on: 28/01/2019 | 20:20
When? I just logged in out of curiosity to see whatever happened to the credit we were getting. I guess I've missed my 90p. I'll live Smiley Happy
Message 4510 of 4,537