Knowledge Base
Community

December 6th's outage - what we're doing to say sorry [Updated]

Started by: vespaash2
On: 07/12/2018 | 13:34
Replies: 4536

by: carolepete
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:35
I am still waiting on my email from u this affected me really badly I have anxiety and depression which means I rely on my phone a lot to communicate with family and friends this recent disaster left me unable to do contact anyone leaving me very isolated I would like my goodwill gesture as credit please and would appreciate it if u sort this out quickly for me thanks
Message 631 of 4,537
by: v9pwh
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:39

I am more than happy for my share to go to Charity. Whilst I was getting notifications stating that messages hadn’t gone through (but they had) there was no real inconvenience. After all - there was life before mobiles and anyone that relies on one needs to take a good hard look at their lifestyle!

Message 632 of 4,537
by: galla59
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:39

I was very affected by the network going down but more worrying is all outher phone and media companies have compensated there customers but giffgaff have done nothing for us witch is very worrieing and with no customer service I’m thinking of leaving and going wit a company that respects there customer and acknowledges there customers 

Message 633 of 4,537
by: nigelbrooks
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:40

@fi7a

@fi7a wrote:

Your sarcasm isn't helpful.

Hardly sarcasm, if people cannot be bothered to read the first post in the thread (which gives all the details) then, sometimes, the reminder needs to be blunt.

Sadly the repeated bleating of when, when, when or I want, I want, I want fully justifies the abruptness of the response from @mickythemoocher

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 634 of 4,537
by: v9pwh
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:41

I am more than happy for my share to go to Charity. Whilst I was getting notifications stating that messages hadn’t gone through (but they had) there was no real inconvenience. After all - there was life before mobiles and anyone that relies on one needs to take a good hard look at their lifestyle!

Message 635 of 4,537
by: nigelbrooks
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:42

@galla59

Sorry to see you leave giffgaff,

There are two easy ways to get your PAC code

1) Please dial 43431 and follow the voice prompts

OR

2) Go to  http://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request

Your PAC code will arrive as SMS within 2 hours (normally much faster) and will also appear under your number on your giffgaff home page.

Please note that you cannot request a PAC if you have reported a SIM as lost or stolen (this is to prevent fraudulent transfers away from giffgaff).

Finally, please ensure you remove any saved credit/debit card details under your payment details page here https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

Good luck with your new network.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 636 of 4,537
by: lcrowther
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:43
I would like to register for compensation for this day. I had an interview in a city that I don't live in, I struggled to get trevel information to get there, then directions once I got there, then I couldn't text anyone while out of free WiFi, and had to resort to using free WiFi zones which are notoriously slow and require an email login. How do I register for the fund please?
Message 637 of 4,537
by: pawelmodzelewski
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:45

Any link, e-mail anything regarding compensation?

Message 638 of 4,537
by: jon99blue
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:47
I've not been on the forums since yesterday, I still can't quite believe people are still bleating about compensation and whether they they received an email or not. Is this all people have to worry about on a Saturday morning. I too might leave giffgaff, not because of the service going down (which I got through by just breathing in and out) but to go to a network with a less self entitled customer base.
Message 639 of 4,537
by: alant
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:47

@jamie5146 wrote:

I use my phone for business it impacted me as I was unable to contact customers and vis Versa

Naughty naughty....business use contravenes the terms and conditions of use which you agreed to when signing up. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 640 of 4,537