Started by: anthony_c
On: 14/11/2013 | 10:48
Replies: 19

by: anthony_c
former giff-staffer

on: 14/11/2013 | 10:48 edited: 04/01/2014 | 20:55

FF-second-chance.png

Hi all,

This year, the giffgaff Fantasy Football League has been bigger than ever with 400+ members applying to compete in the league. Unfortunately, many of you did not get the chance to enter before the start of the season, so we thought that it would be fun to do a seperate, second chance league, starting in January for the second half of the season.

Entrants in this league will compete with each other for giffgaff goodies. If you are part of our main fantasy football league and you wish to compete in this one, you still can, but all entrants will all be starting on zero points when we start on January 11th 2014.

How do I get started?

It’s easy!

Below is an entry form, please fill it in before joining the league so that we know how to identify you if you win a prize. You need to be a giffgaff community member to participate.

Terms and conditions

Click to reveal

Terms and conditions for giffgaff fantasy football league

• To be eligible for any prize, you must have a community account

• Please make sure you address and personal details on the giffgaff website are correct. We reserve the right to give away prizes if winners are uncontactable or prizes that remain unclaimed.

• Changing the name of your team or manager name could mean that you disqualify yourself from the competition if you’re unable to be identified.

• Members that enter multiple teams will be disqualified and removed from the league and other knockout competitions at our discretion.

• Last man standing: Same lowest score - We will be only eliminating X amount of players from Last man standing per week, so if 10 are to be eliminated and 15 are tied on same score, overall ranking determines who progresses.

1. You can enter if you’re a UK resident (but not if you’re a giffgaff employee, one of their family, or connected in any other way with this Competition. So hard cheese.) Obviously, third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents are off limits. We (giffgaff) reserve the right to check all entrants are actually eligible, and we reserve the right to require such information as we consider reasonably necessary in order to do that. If we’re not satisfied, you might not get your prize.

2. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.

3. We can and will reject any entry, and/or disqualify any winner or entrant, if we think that the entry is defamatory, indecent or violates or infringes any third party’s rights.

4. It’s not over until the last Premier league game of the season in May 2014

5. The prize will be sent by royal mail to UK addresses only.

6. We’ll let you all know the winners on the community and privately contact them individually. But we won’t let the prize sit around unclaimed, so if the winner is unable to be contacted by 5pm on the 31st of May 2014  - or doesn’t tell us where to send it - we’ll choose another lucky winner.

7. We’re not responsible if you can’t take up the prize.

8. We’re not responsible for any entries that go astray. Ditto for acceptances or other documents or communications related to the Prize, or indeed the prize itself.

9. We’ll put the winner’s on the community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your name being made publicly available if you win.

10. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants.

11. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.

12. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

13. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.

14. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

15. The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us), Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, UB81QE

For any more information about us, visit our website

Code to join this league: 216109-659482

News, Transfers & Tips: Join the Fantasy Football chat here

giffgaff Educator - Proudest moment: I Once scored 3 hatricks in a primary school football match. Needless to say, I was a student there at the time.

Watch-Sig.pngSC-sig.pngEarthHourRach1
Message 1 of 20
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 14/11/2013 | 10:58
Great idea iam up for this
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 2 of 20
by: rixopod
on: 14/11/2013 | 13:33
I have entered, might do better than I am currently doing!

Just a note on the form, you can select 'yes' and 'no' on the t&c question
Message 3 of 20
by: wbbuttercup
on: 14/11/2013 | 13:57

I have entered - see if I have managed to learn anything usefulSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 20
by: crazylegs
on: 14/11/2013 | 14:32

I'm in the main one and just joined this one too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message 5 of 20
by: cmarshall028
on: 14/11/2013 | 15:51
I'm in too good idea as a lot have been asking to join up
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Check out my idea here for more ethical voting in the ideas section. Please remember to click kudos if you would like to see this idea implemented!

Message 6 of 20
by: sebdroyd
on: 04/12/2013 | 16:19

Done, Im Admiral Point!

Message 8 of 20
by: malaquias
on: 05/12/2013 | 00:22

In. Let's go!

Message 9 of 20
by: chansey2325
on: 05/12/2013 | 17:25

Awesome idea, think I will join this one. Goodluck to all entries!

If I have helped please give Kudos.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 20