Community

Festival Life Hacks – Win a Samsung S8 - COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

Started by: seosteve
On: 22/05/2018 | 09:58
Replies: 51

by: seosteve
handy giff-staffer

on: 22/05/2018 | 09:58 edited: 11/06/2018 | 16:32

Festival season is here, which can only mean one thing. Dust off the camping gear, grab your mates, chill out, relax and enjoy the festival spirit. Fingers crossed that the sun will be shining too.

Anyone with a valid response will be entered in our prize draw to win a brand-new Samsung S8. The competition ends 11th June 2018 and terms & conditions apply - competition is now closed.

As the festival season is kicking off we want to find out:

What's your life hacks for making the most out of a festival?

What tips and tricks have you got up your sleeve to get you through the festival season? What have you got nailed down to a tee?

Whether you choose to enjoy the comforts of a blow-up air bed, take a lovely shower with wet wipes or use the odd few hacks to get the most out of your phones battery life we want to know.

Also,

What are some of the quirky festivals hosted near you?

Big festivals aren't the only festival to hit the summer sun. A lot of local councils hold small, quirky festivals too, with a creative and musical twist.

Does your council hold a folk music festival for the local community? Are you a heavy metal lover that likes to attend the Slam Dunk Festival?

Whatever the flavour or theme let us know where it is and what makes them appeal to you.

Tell us your festival life hacks and what quirky fun festivals are near to you. Share your wisdom

Cheers

Steve 

Message 1 of 52
by: littleme08
on: 24/05/2018 | 13:12
Hi @seosteve in Belfast from 24th - 28th May its the Continental Food Market, itll be at City Hall.
https://visitbelfast.com/whats-on/events/belfast-spring-continental-market
If You Like What I Say, Please Give Me Kudos, Or Set As Best Answer, Thank You Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 52
Highlighted
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 06/06/2018 | 19:51 edited: 07/06/2018 | 08:22

@seosteve

Not been to a small festival for many many years steve ..last one was a hippy music one in ...If I remember  correctly deeply vale , we decided to go after a session in the pub and something saying it was good so at throwing out time .🤔🤔

We embarked on a mission to go 😂 I can't remember the music but woke up in a muddy field , in very unsuitable garb and headed to a food outlet selling burgers or so I thought  .

Bean burgers 🤣🤣🤣

Happy days 

Life hack = plan in advance 👍not after the pub and in your going out clothes  hahaha 

Edit 

Park life this weekend is so close to me 😄 I can sit out in the garden chilled listening to the music with no security checks or overpriced drinks or queuing  for the toilets. 

Message 3 of 52
by: the_islander
on: 06/06/2018 | 21:31
I love a good festival! I was lucky enough to only be 20mins away from V-fest before its untimely demise.

Life hack = When camping always take more water than you think you'll need. Those hangovers always call for lots of rehydration.

Quirky festival = Every year one of my favourite pubs hosts "Jasper's Fest", its a mini festival in the pub car park that usually happens over the same weekend as the local carnival. The kids get to enjoy the carnival during the day and in the evening the rest of us escape for some good music and great company. It features local bands and brings out some brilliant talent.
Surfing Out Of Here!
Message 4 of 52
by: kevincunno
on: 07/06/2018 | 08:14

Hi @seosteve sadly I don’t like crowded place love music though shame I won’t be able to enter competition I will be checking out the posts on hear about the festival to see what our great members get up to and which seem to be the most popular 

Get a free giffgaff Simdon't judge my path if you haven't walk my journey kevin
Message 5 of 52
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 07/06/2018 | 15:09 edited: 07/06/2018 | 15:39

Steve @seosteve

Nice idea mate 

Last year we did the ForbiddenForest 

https://www.forbidden-forest.co.uk/ 

And this year going to Parklife this sat/sun and and the Cyprus( ayia Napa) in a couple weeks 

Hopefully then on to the Forbidden Forest 2018 in may

Life Hacks:.

Dont take your good phone use an old one or buy a cheap one

Take a battery pack and lead 

& turn the data off whilst not using 

If its a stay over festival 

Mark your tent with something memorable , so you can find it  (Trust me when you come to find it in a sea of tents and through beer eyes its a nightmare) 

Pack lightly 

Dont take expensive items ie Watches /jewelry

Roll on deoderant i ace / wet wipes to freshen up are in valuable

Travel belts although not cool are great to stash your phone & cash

Agree on a point where you can meet up in advance incase any of your mates gets split up from you.

Try to have some water in between the booze Smiley Tongue

I would say Wellies but this year maybe a hat and sunspray:

Mimimise the stuff you take , if your going with mates share stuff , you dont need to duplicate deoderants and wet wipes.

@bluemoonbaz 

So hows about me and the lads hit the garden for pre drinks HaHhaha

Oh  and if you go a coach/bus to the festival , dont assume its the same one back:

i found out to my cost one year , left my coat ,phone charger and spare bat pack etc 

and different bus back Smiley Embarassed

“Welcome
Message 6 of 52
by: kennyk94
on: 07/06/2018 | 15:27

I've been to a fair few festivals over the years and everyone always praises me for remembering the little comforts that are so easily forgotten. Take a towel, a pillow and more importantly, an air bed. Festival grounds are hard and no matter what people say, taking a roll mat doesn't do the trick, especially at the likes of Glastonbury which is a much longer festival. 

Plus, there's nothing worse than your tent leaking and having nothing to dry yourself with, or deciding to use the water fountain as a shower and not being able to dry off. Lol!

Hope this helps others preparing for the festival season! I've just been to the quirky Primavera in Barcelona, which is an outdoor festival in the sunshine, with lots of great acts.  My extra tip on this one is, if you are attending a sunny festival, don't forget to keep applying the sun cream (take it in your bag or wear a bum bag), and take a mini-fan to cool down! It may seem obvious but these two things are such a necessity when you're out dancing all day. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's hacks Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 52
by: jackson110
on: 07/06/2018 | 15:39

Bring balloons. Either you or your friends get lost from the group at some point during the weekend/week, so have something that sets you aside from the crowd and makes for a distinctive marker. The amount of phone calls I overhear at big festivals where people are saying "I'm by the hotdog stand" or "we're near the main stage"... the guy with a fishing rod with a SpongeBob balloon tied to the end of it has no problem finding his mates. 

Linton Festival in Gloucester is a great and quirky festival, it's set up in the garden of a local pub and makes for a great weekend for the whole family. Straw bales are your seats and there's plenty of real ale at the beer tent. 

Message 8 of 52
by: kevincunno
on: 07/06/2018 | 16:05

Hi @ijustcantdoit I am slightly getting jealous reading your post wishing I was a companying-you and  I gotta wish you and your friends have a great time at your festivals fellow giffgaffer mate 

Get a free giffgaff Simdon't judge my path if you haven't walk my journey kevin
Message 9 of 52
by: jdugg15
on: 08/06/2018 | 09:43

I love to win Samsung s8 I have Sony Xperia I can't Ford upgrade or buy a phone 

Message 10 of 52