Community

Get £10 extra credit this month for introducing a friend to giffgaff

Started by: clairekav
On: 04/10/2010 | 14:48
Replies: 128

by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 04/10/2010 | 14:48 edited: 05/10/2010 | 16:25

Exclusive offer for members who joined on or before midnight 3rd October 2010.

Last month we had a bumper number of members who joined giffgaff and we had some great customers satisfaction results (8.5/10 for customer service) - so we thought now is a great time to offer you an extra incentive to get your friends and family on giffgaff this month.

We rely on members like yourself to recommend giffgaff to friends and family – this helps keep our advertising costs down. Which means we can keep our operating costs low and can pass savings on to all our members.

Your first friend activation this month will earn you an extra £10 credit.

Simply order a SIM through spread the word and when your friend activates before midnight 31st October, we’ll give you an extra £10 credit.

As per normal, for every connection you’ll still get £5 payback and your friend will get £5 credit. But as an added incentive this month, you’ll get an extra £10 credit for your first friend activation.

The introduction of goodybags should make it easier for you to introduce your friend to giffgaff. We’re seeing a lot more ‘contract’ customers coming on board – ask your friend if they’re out of contract and paying more than £15 a month on their phone bill – it could work out better for them on a £15 goodybag: unlimited mobile internet, texts and 300 minutes per month.

They don't just need to take your word for it - Money Saving Expert has rated giffgaff as Cheapest free SIM card including web.

If you’ve never ordered an extra SIM for a friend before – you’ll need to be logged in, then when you order extra SIMs these will automatically be linked to your account:

• Send a SIM, - delivers a giffgaff SIM directly to your friends doorstep. They’ll get an email letting them know a SIM is on its way – give them a heads up so they know it is coming.
  • Order more SIMs – delivers a pack of 1-3 SIMs to your doorstep for you to hand to your friend next time you see them.

When your friend activates the SIM, they’ll get £5 credit applied to their account within 24 hours of them activating and you’ll get an email notification to say that they’ve joined – your 500 payback points will appear on your next points statement (next update, 5th November).

Each member has a limit of up to 10 unactive SIMs at any one time - so please only order SIMs for friends you're confident they'll activate - this helps keep our costs down as SIMs cost money to make and send out.

Order a SIM now and earn yourself a little extra credit for your efforts this month!

Terms:

1) Only members who joined prior to midnight 3rd October qualify for this extra £10 credit offer.

Sorry if you’ve joined after this date – you’ll still get 500 points and your friend will also get £5 credit as normal. Don’t worry, we’ll have future offers which you’ll be able to participate in.

2) £10 credit is limited to the first friend activations in October (0:00am 01.10.2010 and 23:59 31.10.2010)

The extra £10 credit is only applied to your account for the first friend activation you get in October.  Each activation will qualify as normal for 500 points and your friend will receive £5 bonus credit - just the first one reward you with £10 credit

3) Only SIM’s ordered by you through “Spread the word” will qualify for the £10 extra credit

Make sure your friend activates the SIM you ordered them. If they activate a SIM they’ve ordered themselves, it won’t be linked to your account and therefore they won’t get £5 credit and you won’t get any credit/points.

4) Credit will be applied up to 3 working days after your friend activates

We will be running files each working day so it may take a couple of days for the bonus credit to be applied to your account (ie if your friend activates a SIM you’ve given them on a Friday, the £10 bonus credit will appear on your account Monday/Tuesday).

We'll be running the first credit file on the [edit] 6th Oct.

5) For you to get an extra £10 credit, your friend must activate the SIM prior to midnight 31st October 2010

6) £10 extra credit doesn't count as a "top-up transaction"

Bonus credit doesn't count as a "top-up transaction". Therefore this £10 extra credit won't count towards you qualifying to still receiving free giffgaff to giffgaff calls (you have to top-up at least £10 in a 3 month period to get free giffgaff to giffgaff calls/texts) or Payback qualification (you need to have topped up at least once prior to payback date).

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 1 of 129
by: robbies
on: 04/10/2010 | 14:56

Awarded retrospectively to the start of the month, so one of my referrals from 1st October is covered already.

Message 2 of 129
by: sonesor
on: 04/10/2010 | 15:02
Yep hopefully I should already qualify for this as i've already had some activated this month Smiley Happy

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 3 of 129
Highlighted
by: essexmate
on: 04/10/2010 | 15:09

Thanks a lot giffgaff. A nice extra incentive for helping giffgaff grow. 

iPhone guideofficial giffgaff nanoSIM with £5 free creditOrder a microSIM with £5 free creditOrder a giffgaff SIM
Message 4 of 129
by: rajabali
on: 04/10/2010 | 15:55

hi i have not joined yet so this means i do not qualify

Message 5 of 129
by: essexmate
on: 04/10/2010 | 15:56

@rajabali wrote:

hi i have not joined yet so this means i do not qualify

Like the offer says... "Don’t worry, we’ll have future offers which you’ll be able to participate in."

iPhone guideofficial giffgaff nanoSIM with £5 free creditOrder a microSIM with £5 free creditOrder a giffgaff SIM
Message 6 of 129
by: ragnorak
on: 04/10/2010 | 15:58
Very generous indeed. I think I may have already earned my bonus, but that won't stop me sending more SIMs. Smiley Wink
Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 7 of 129
by: tadekk
on: 04/10/2010 | 16:09 edited: 04/10/2010 | 16:12

Just to clarify one point - at the top you say "Exclusive offer for members who joined on or before 3rd October 2010", while later you state "Only members who joined prior to 3rd October qualify". Which one is correct, specifically if I joined on the 3rd, am I still eligible?

Message 8 of 129
by: kiwatche
on: 04/10/2010 | 16:11
Iv given 3 sims out but only 1 has been activated yet. It must be time to give the other 2 a kick up the bum lol
Message 9 of 129
by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 04/10/2010 | 17:59
Quite right (thanks for the heads up)- I've edited the post. You need to have activated your SIM by midnight last night to qualify for the extra £10 credit for your first friend connection in October.

If you joined from today onwards - you'll still get the BAU reward of 500 points, just not the £10 extra.
Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 10 of 129