#GivingTuesday for Adoption UK

Started by: abipearlgg
On: 27/11/2018 | 10:13
Replies: 9

by: abipearlgg
handy giff-staffer

on: 27/11/2018 | 10:13 edited: 27/11/2018 | 13:14

Morning all

Today’s ‘Giving Tuesday’ a day celebrated globally aimed at making a world of difference, fund raising for charities on a single day (last year it even broke a world record #impressive).

When we met with the kind folks at Adoption UK, following our Halloween campaign, and asked them if there was anything we could help them with, they asked for our support with Giving Tuesday.

So we set to work formulating a plan with them. One thing that humbled us during this journey from Halloween to now, was just how powerful the stories are from people within the adoption community, and how inspiring their work is.

From providing helplines, supporting families with training, to lobbying Government, their work really makes a difference to adoptive families.

Our social team will be working all day to drive awareness and hopefully donations today, using #GivingTuesday. They've created content to go live today featuring members of the adoption community, as part of the the Small’s a Community series on Instagram (links below) as well as creating a video to showcase Adoption UK's work and drive donations at the end. Here's the YouTube and Facebook links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5kD9auasIA&feature=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/giffgaffmobile/videos/993968407454879/

There are also Instagram stories and posts, plus we're Tweeting all day.

The last month has been incredibly humbling, but we hope that from our mistake we have been able to learn, and hopefully make a difference.

Thanks

Abi

X

giffgaff Head of Advertising
Message 1 of 10
by: woodyuk
on: 27/11/2018 | 12:02

If any members are thinking of donating to Adoption UK today,the best way to do it is via Paypal's Giving Tuesday event because for today only Paypal will DOUBLE all donations made.

You can find the details here,just search for Adoption UK and you'll be presented with the option to make a donation:-

https://www.paypal.com/gb/fundraiser/hub

Message 2 of 10
by: brulaw
on: 27/11/2018 | 15:45

@abipearlgg

Thank you for the Update / info  , it's good to see giffgaff  getting involved with Adoption UK  , and to see good coming from an unfortunate mistake  ......  Well done giffgaff  Smiley Happy

@woodyuk   Well spotted on the PayPal  offer thumbup.gif

Message 3 of 10
by: woodyuk
on: 27/11/2018 | 15:55

@brulaw the Paypal event has been well publicised prior to today so I'm surprised that @abipearlgg didn't mention it in her OP which was why I made my post.

There's no better way to make a donation today than via Paypal because for every £1.00 you donate,Adoption UK will receive £2.00 so it's a complete no brainer really.

Message 4 of 10
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 27/11/2018 | 16:29

@woodyuk wrote:

@brulaw the Paypal event has been well publicised prior to today so I'm surprised that @abipearlgg didn't mention it in her OP which was why I made my post.

There's no better way to make a donation today than via Paypal because for every £1.00 you donate,Adoption UK will receive £2.00 so it's a complete no brainer really.

Nice one @woodyuk 

@abipearlgg may have been better get this message out sooner to help more 

well done though for bringing this to the community

“Welcome
Message 5 of 10
by: natty_noo
on: 27/11/2018 | 20:20
How much did giffgaff donate, you know, if they're really attempting to make up for the whole Halloween catastrophe?

I hope it was a substantial amount, and they're not just 'supporting the cause' on different platforms across the internet.

giffgaff have way deeper pockets than we do!
Message 6 of 10
by: kath72
on: 27/11/2018 | 21:27
I only just saw this ... I wonder if it should have been promoted over in GD where there’s more traffic flow ? Might have got more response than it seems to have here!
Message 7 of 10
by: ujo55
on: 28/11/2018 | 10:57
Hi @abipearlgg
I was watching the local news last night who had a feature on Adoption UK , part of it from a local office in Banbury which provides help line support.
Prominently displayed on one of the computer screens was the giffgaff logo, so giffgaff have achieved some positive publicity from this.
Message 8 of 10
by: kmichael
on: 03/12/2018 | 21:33

Hi Abi @abipearlgg

It's great to know that giffgaff provided resources to promote "Adoption UK" for #GivingTuesday on social media, but you missed a trick with not announcing it earlier than #GivingTuesday on the giffgaff forum and as a result missiged a trick with the Paypal promotion, for example.  Big thanks go to Woody!

It is good to see that the giffgaff customers came through and shortlisted "Adoption UK" as one of the charities to vote, for a chance to receive the December 2018 Charity Payback.

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
by: chand311
on: 04/12/2018 | 17:01

Hi @abipearlgg @ it's great to know that giffgaff provided resources to promote "Adoption UK.

Message 10 of 10