Knowledge Base
Community

Halloween 2018 First Look

Started by: rayellea
On: 15/10/2018 | 17:28
Replies: 71

by: ma2013
on: 17/10/2018 | 21:29
Wow, this is a great ad campaign! Love it! Nice one giffgaff! Looking forward to seeing these on TV (was going to watch Harry Potter on ITV anyway)! 😁😊
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 31 of 72
by: ryanchen6
on: 17/10/2018 | 22:57
Wow! So nice to see it first. Can’t wait for go live
MY FB: www.facebook.com/giffgaffree

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 32 of 72
by: rayellea
handy giff-staffer

on: 18/10/2018 | 09:10
@toxiic Woohoo! So glad you and your Mum enjoyed it. Matthias is so talented isn't he?

Wow, what a compliment @cloughey. Thank you so much
giffgaff Brand Executive
Message 33 of 72
by: rayellea
handy giff-staffer

on: 18/10/2018 | 09:12
@ma2013 , well enjoy and keep an eye out for our ad Smiley Happy Thank you so much!

Of course, @ryanchen6! We can't wait either
giffgaff Brand Executive
Message 34 of 72
by: pinkunykorn
on: 18/10/2018 | 12:18
It's fun. Can't wait to see.
Message 35 of 72
by: frenchielove
on: 18/10/2018 | 13:03

I actually really enjoyed that @rayellea surprised myself 👻👻👻

Message 36 of 72
by: itsmartin
on: 18/10/2018 | 14:55

Beautifully put together film and very clever marketing, but I find myself feeling incredibly uncomfortable about the negative portrayal of adoption here. I would hate for my adopted daughter to see this advert - it would be so upsetting to her.

Message 37 of 72
by: matthawkinsuk
on: 19/10/2018 | 10:34 edited: 19/10/2018 | 10:49

Next time you design a campaign please get a functioning adult to review the script. I'm stunned this ever left the whiteboard! It started off well but the whole "adopted child rescued by the authorities but given back to abusive kidnappers by the media" plot is incredibly damaging. Topped off with "legal adoption orders aren't worth the paper they are written on while you've got a mob to decide what's right".

Remember Baby P? Yep. That's what your advert reminded me of.

Would you run a summer campaign where an abused woman was rescued by the police from a rapist's basement and then everyone cheered when she returned? No. That would be insane.

Children in the care system have enough challenges with self-esteem without big brands flushing them down the toilet for a few clicks.

Message 38 of 72
Highlighted
by: abipearlgg
handy giff-staffer

on: 19/10/2018 | 11:29
Thank you for your comments. Yours and other comments that we have seen across social media have really highlighted that we got this advert wrong and sadly reinforced negative stereotypes, which was not our intention. As a direct action last night we stopped running this advert. 

We'd like to learn from our mistake, so hope we can talk about this more. As a business with community at its heart, knowing that we have offended another community cuts deep, and we want to make sure that we make amends.
giffgaff Head of Advertising
Message 39 of 72
by: jokeyboi77
on: 19/10/2018 | 14:34

@abipearlgg wrote:

Thank you for your comments. Yours and other comments that we have seen across social media have really highlighted that we got this advert wrong and sadly reinforced negative stereotypes, which was not our intention. As a direct action last night we stopped running this advert. 

We'd like to learn from our mistake, so hope we can talk about this more. As a business with community at its heart, knowing that we have offended another community cuts deep, and we want to make sure that we make amends.

Wow! And I thought it was a great advert aswell @abipearlgg, but I can understand the decision. 😮

jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 40 of 72