Hazel22/ggzelle leaving giffgaff - thanks for everything

Started by: ggzelle
On: 28/08/2018 | 10:00
Replies: 65

by: 4128334
on: 28/08/2018 | 11:41 edited: 28/08/2018 | 11:42

@ggzelle
Good Morning,
Very sad to see a longstanding Educator leave, you have worked hard for the Community.
Wherever your career takes you I wish you the best of luck.
Take care my Friend

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 66
Highlighted
by: davidevans0000
on: 28/08/2018 | 13:48 edited: 28/08/2018 | 14:23

Hi @ggzelle sorry to see you go but good luck with Expedia. hazel discount with Expedia for giffgaff members is this ok. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 66
by: ggzelle
former giff-staffer

on: 28/08/2018 | 14:24
ha! It's amazing how many friends I've made since people started to figure out I get discount Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the sweet message Smiley Happy
Previously a member of the giffgaff Community Team (circa 2011), Now making things happen in the Development Team - supporting our Apps and Phones Teams. You can Private Message me about this post by clicking here
Message 13 of 66
by: suppers_ready
on: 28/08/2018 | 15:12 edited: 28/08/2018 | 15:15

@ggzelle

Hello Hazel,

It's been a while, but I remember with great fondness the epic discussions we had in Contribute, and on the old ideas board. Those discussions delivered so much that has improved giffgaff over the years, and the way in which you encouraged members to join in with their views and ideas made the forum what it was.

Many lament that the forum isn't the same these days, and that maybe so, but your time on the community side was one of those rare occasions in life where all the planets align and the experience was mutually beneficial to all concerned, to all the members that were here at the time, to the development of the giffgaff community and to yourself. A true definition of giffgaff if there ever was one. 

I know you'll be brilliant in whatever you do, so enjoy Expedia, they're lucky to get you. It's a shame that some of the old members don't visit very often, but as seems to be the way these days I'll @ mention a few. I'm sure they'd wish to send their best wishes.

@oldyorkie @andreww @mary_r_t @jtemplar and just in case she misses the announcement @bertiebat

Hopefully others are still lurking and will pop in.

Message 14 of 66
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 28/08/2018 | 15:51

20180828_153856.gif

@ggzelle

I  wish you all the luck in the world in your new job👍and what a lovely post

Yvonne⚘

Message 15 of 66
by: brulaw
on: 28/08/2018 | 16:26

@ggzelle

Hi Hazel , I'm sad to hear that giffgaff ( and the community )  is losing you , but I know that you'll be an asset to Expedia ( as you have been to giffgaff )  ,  They'e lucky to get you  ...... Thank you for  all the encouragement and help you gave me ( and many others )   , You'll be missed . 

You say that the members of the giffgaff community helped you through a low period in your life  , it's really nice of you to say so , I think there were  times when you did the same for many community members ....  You  helped to make the giffgaff community what is  and that is something to be proud of , 

With Timo gone , Mike going and now you  giffgaff is losing some brilliant members of the old team ..... I feel sure that those who are at ' the new gaff '  will remember you all and wish you all well in whatever ventures you take on.

All the best to you and good luck with Expedia ..... don't be a stranger pop in whenever you can .

Message 16 of 66
by: joannawaters48
on: 28/08/2018 | 16:31
wishing you every success for a bright and exciting future
Message 17 of 66
by: ggzelle
former giff-staffer

on: 28/08/2018 | 16:35
Well now I'm crying.
Thank you for the really kind words Smiley Happy I'm glad I'll be remembered fondly.
Previously a member of the giffgaff Community Team (circa 2011), Now making things happen in the Development Team - supporting our Apps and Phones Teams. You can Private Message me about this post by clicking here
Message 18 of 66
by: doricom
on: 28/08/2018 | 16:46
Sorry to hear that you you are leaving giffgaff.
Best wishes for you in the future
If a post has answered your question please click on "Set as Best Answer"
Please give Kudos to any posts you think were helpful or made a good point.
Message 19 of 66
by: ma2013
on: 28/08/2018 | 16:50
Sorry to see you go! You've been a regular in the forums since I've been here. Good luck with your new job, I'm sure you'll be great. We'll miss you. 😊📱😁
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 66