Started by: ggzelle
On: 28/08/2018 | 10:00
Replies: 65

by: ggzelle
former giff-staffer

on: 28/08/2018 | 10:00

To the giffgaff community members,

together.jpeg

Some of you may remember me or my previous forum account, Hazel22. Along with the_joseph and Zobia22, we were the first giffgaff Community Educators in 2011. After 7+ years at the gaff, I'll be leaving on the 5th September to start a new adventure at Expedia. I've grown up with giffgaff, they've seen me through the majority of my 20s, and I'd like to test myself and see how well I can do at a new adventure with new people.

It's been a while since I last wrote on the community, but I wanted to share something before I left, about you, and how great you are. Back in the years between 2011 - 2013, I was in a very low period of my life. I won't go into details, but I never told anyone that it was the members of the giffgaff Community that helped me through. The work we did together to 'run giffgaff', from the epic Contribute discussions, the original Ideas Board (and the gardeners!), Movie Night, 5 a day, the chat threads in Off-topic, the video we put together for winning the Lithy's year after year. It was hard work, and fun work - and every bit of appreciation at the time meant the world to me and kept me ticking.

Before I left I wanted to say a huge thank you, the community - you are one of the main reasons I've stayed at giffgaff for as long as I have. And remind you that what you post here matters, had a big effect on me and continues to effect and impact.

In the words of Bill and Ted, be excellent to each other.

Kind regards, Hazel. 

Previously a member of the giffgaff Community Team (circa 2011), Now making things happen in the Development Team - supporting our Apps and Phones Teams. You can Private Message me about this post by clicking here
Message 1 of 66
by: bad_at_pool
handy giff-staffer

on: 28/08/2018 | 10:11
It won't be the same 'gaff without you. I was going to say you put the giff in giffgaff but I didn't know if that made sense or what sense it made. Basically, you're awesome and I'm going to miss you.
Party on, dude.
Message 2 of 66
by: allan1954
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:13
@ggzelle hazel good luck for the future in whatever you do.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 66
by: joolzian
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:18

Hey Hazel (nut)  @ggzelle Long time no see. I thought about you, wondering if you were still here, when Vincent posted in Mike's  farewell. I think a lot of members get nostalgic for the "early days". Best wishes for the future and enjoy the new challenges. Be lucky.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 66
by: pauljohn7
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:20

@ggzelle   

Sorry to hear that you you are leaving giffgaff.

Best wishes for you in the future.

Heart

Get a free giffgaff SIM123
Message 5 of 66
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:33

@ggzelle Hazel always sad to see people leave.

You have done a wonderful job at giffgaff.

All the best in your new job at Expedia im sure ull smash it.

Do post on the community if u get a chance

Take care

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 66
by: cookie_69
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:34
Good luck honey, wishing you every success Expedia
Message 7 of 66
by: harrybeau
on: 28/08/2018 | 10:52

So long Hazel, Hope you enjoy your new job. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 66
by: isabel1066
on: 28/08/2018 | 11:06
@ggzelle Hazel all the best on your new job.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 66
by: as7861
on: 28/08/2018 | 11:10
Hi @ggzelle

Sorry to see you go. But it also calls for a big congrats for ur new role at Expedia!

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 66