Community

Hello. To introduce myself ...

Started by: dc_caton78
On: 06/04/2018 | 15:07
Replies: 54

by: dc_caton78
handy giff-staffer

on: 06/04/2018 | 15:07

Hi All. I've recently joined giffgaff in the Marketing & Experience team and would like to introduce myself to the community.

People call me DC (my name is David Caton) and I’m here to look after propositions, loyalty and communications. What this means is that, together with you, we’ll develop:
- Great reasons for existing members to stay in love with giffgaff
- Great reasons for prospective members to choose giffgaff
- Communications to tell existing members everything they might need to know about giffgaff.

I can't wait to discover some of the ideas you have on how to make giffgaff even better than it is today. I'm sure you'll be hearing lots from me in the future and I'm sure I'll be hearing lots from you too.

A bit about me: I'm a massive fan of The Stone Roses, I love stand-up comedy and sitcoms, and I'm originally from up north in Stoke  ... So you can rest assured that I'm not one of those flashy marketing types with their posh business speak who bang on about 'blue sky thinking'.

I'm excited to get cracking, speak to you soon I hope.

Cheers
DC

Message 1 of 55
by: cps15966
on: 06/04/2018 | 15:33
Welcome DC, so the DC means you are ACDC (Actually Called David Caton). See what I did there? Bonkers! lol
I think we might be related, I live in a place called Caton.... so all I can say is 'Come in close for a hug brother' lol

Hope you have a great time, it's by far the best provider called giffgaff that I know Smiley Tongue
cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 55
by: bobrobinson
on: 06/04/2018 | 15:51

Hiya @dc_caton78

And a big warm

giphy.gif

To the giffgaff  community

Were a friendly bunch here and welcome everyone with a warm heart

Im sure you will love working for giffgaff and with the wonderfull staff around you and im sure they will look after you.

Your job sounds very interesting and hope everything goes well for you ( im sure it will )

Hope to see you around our forums often 

And wish you every success in your roll with giffgaff

All the best

Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 55
by: pault1974
on: 06/04/2018 | 17:13

Welcome to giffgaff and the community @dc_caton78

Message 4 of 55
by: ray2
on: 06/04/2018 | 17:39

Hi and massive welcome @dc_caton78

You never answered the most important question,how would you rate your coffee making skills? Smiley Very Happy

giffgaff hq prides it's self on a pukka coffee,if it's pants lie Smiley Wink,if it's great dont make it too great you dont want to be chief coffee maker, remind all your colleagues giffgaff is all about mutual giving so you would appreciate a mutual sharing of making a cuppa Smiley Very Happy

All the best,enjoy Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 55
by: django21
on: 06/04/2018 | 17:46
Hello and welcome to the GG community
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 55
by: foolish
on: 06/04/2018 | 17:53

Hello David, welcome to the community.

Message 7 of 55
by: dtuxcomp
on: 06/04/2018 | 22:23 edited: 07/04/2018 | 00:47

dc_caton78 wrote:

Hi All. I've recently joined giffgaff in the Marketing & Experience team and would like to introduce myself to the community.

People call me DC (my name is David Caton) and I’m here to look after propositions, loyalty and communications. What this means is that, together with you, we’ll develop:
- Great reasons for existing members to stay in love with giffgaff
- Great reasons for prospective members to choose giffgaff
- Communications to tell existing members everything they might need to know about giffgaff.

I can't wait to discover some of the ideas you have on how to make giffgaff even better than it is today. I'm sure you'll be hearing lots from me in the future and I'm sure I'll be hearing lots from you too.

A bit about me: I'm a massive fan of The Stone Roses, I love stand-up comedy and sitcoms, and I'm originally from up north in Stoke  ... So you can rest assured that I'm not one of those flashy marketing types with their posh business speak who bang on about 'blue sky thinking'.

I'm excited to get cracking, speak to you soon I hope.

Cheers
DC

@dc_caton78  Hi and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

You've already "ranked up" by not being a follower of management speak bs Smiley Happy I can't speak for others but stand up and sitcoms gets you two ticks from me Smiley Happy

Daft aside, I grew up following a band called The Concrete Geraniums whose name was a play on The Stone Roses Smiley Wink

Take care.

D.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 9 of 55
by: smiffyds
on: 07/04/2018 | 02:51
Welcome to the team DC
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 10 of 55