Knowledge Base
Community

Hello giffgaff Community

Started by: gurupandit
On: 04/04/2013 | 10:17
Replies: 31

by: katilea
on: 10/04/2013 | 22:43

How do I start anew post to ask for help? it seems to be greyed out so can't start a new one to ask for help and seems to be no direct customer services email to contact someone for help?  Don't think I'll be staying with giff gaff if this is how you run things! 

I posted in Introduce yourself higher up but no-one has directly answered my queries..here it is again just in case anyone can?

Hi

I'm Leigh (female) I got giffgaff sim on small phone but I'm struggling with small keyboard so am sending it back (I took SIM out first) I've ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 as it has better accessibility but found it takes mini SIM.

Do I just cut my current one down or do I have to order another SIM as this one still had credit on it. (about £14 I think!)

As I'm deaf I'm getting no use from the goodybags from the free voice calls I wondered if there is a Data only goodybag as may as pay it for internet access on my phone and just put fiver on for texts as have few family members who aren't into internet/FB etc.

Thanks

Leigh

Edit: I forgot to say how do I change email address for you to contact me?.. cos I had to change as not getting them since yahoo took over Sky so have changed email service...I can't seem to start a new message so hope someone sees this with so many!

Message 21 of 32
by: gurupandit
former giff-staffer

on: 10/04/2013 | 23:24 edited: 10/04/2013 | 23:27

Hi Katilea,

I am sorry that you have been facing issues with your small keyboard, but dont worry help is at hand.

The Galaxy S4 takes a Micro SIM, and therefore you shouldnt have any issue with the sim card which you already have. All the giffgaff SIMs that have been created in the last 6 months or so come with a dual size. You can snap off the Micro SIM from the regular SIM. See the image below.giffgaff_sim.png

Even if you lose your SIM card, we have a facility to order a replacement SIM, and you can use that SIM to do what we call a SIM swap. This will make sure that you dont lose your credit.

If you dont really have use of minutes, then you can buy one of our gigabags which only has data in it. Click on this link to get to know more about our 3 different gigabag options, you are allowed to Tether using gigabags.

About starting a new message, please read the giffgaff community guidelines to know how to post your queries and get help from the community.

If you have any query, we are happy to help. Hope you get your shiny new phone soon.

EDIT: To change your email address, please click on My Details tab under My giffgaff, you will have an option to change your email id.

Cheers

Guru

Message 22 of 32
by: katilea
on: 10/04/2013 | 23:40

Thankyou.

Will the £14 that's on my credit be ok then until the phone arrives which says around 24th april-1st may for delivery. I think on my profile page it said i had to update or buy more before 23rd May or something?

so if i put SIM in S4 when it comes then come on here and say add the £5 data goodybag first to work out how long it lasts (if I run out quick cos lots of internet I'll go up a price for data goodybag) and I can still use the remaining £14 for SMS/MMS messages?  ..or will MMS come off data plan with S4 like it does with iPhone?

I just want to check as some SIMs seem to be voice/text only or data only for like iPad which have no phone part in it.

Thanks

Message 23 of 32
by: gurupandit
former giff-staffer

on: 11/04/2013 | 07:22

@Katilea, please note that you can raise these queries in the community to get a quicker answer.

You can only buy a goodybag or a gigabag once a month. So, if you had bought your previous goodybag on 23rd of April, the allowance of that bag will continue for a month i.e. until 22nd May. If you dont use up your allowance, it doesnt get rolled over to next month.

Also, if you buy a £5 gigabag on 23rd May and use up all your 500MB of data within few days, then you may have to pay at a rate of 20p for first 20MB every day day, and 2p/ MB thereafter. So, if you think that your consumption is more than 500mb per month, choose wisely a £7.50 (1gb) or a £12.50 (3gb) databag.

In case you are using the SIM on a mobile device only, you can buy a £12 goodybag which has unlimited data (for mobile use only i.e. no Tethering allowed). The remaining credit can be used for anything, either SMS or MMS, these are out of bundle charges for a gigabag.

Message 24 of 32
by: solid247
on: 12/04/2013 | 08:32
Hey thanks Guru
Some information on sim/number allocation would be fantastic and could clear up a bit of confusion on the ideas board regarding sim expirey dates and sim card wastage ect thanks very much Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 26 of 32
by: bluenose5
on: 12/04/2013 | 11:53

just to say a Thank You for the info and your Time,ps i thought it was very good,Robot wink

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 32
Highlighted
by: solid247
on: 13/04/2013 | 10:57
Guru can you send one of your team here please 😰 one of the members jumped the gun on dynamic sim allocation 😖 we really need one of your staff here before i go mad lol > http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Unactivated-SIMs-expiry/td-p/825815...
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 28 of 32
by: pedromap
on: 07/06/2013 | 10:55
welcome to giffgaff and enjoy the awesomeness
Mageia 5.0 beta 3 Linux (x86_64) with default UEFI bootloader
Mijue T500
Message 29 of 32