On: 25/05/2012 | 16:43
Replies: 153

by: smiler74
on: 27/05/2012 | 10:42

I THINK U R RIGHT I AM JUST CLICKING ON THE STARS LOL 

Message 61 of 154
by: andreww
on: 27/05/2012 | 10:44
Well said Old Yorkie. Yeah just keep on clicking on the stars, smiler74 - you can't do any more damage now Smiley Sad
Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 62 of 154
by: badgerhud
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:06
It's worse than I thought, perfect example there "I'm just clicking stars"

What a joke giffgaff, I like how you say you will try sort it, HOW?

I'm close to snapping my sim!!!!
I Hope My Post Helps Smiley Happy - To Order a SIM With £5 FREE Credit Click Below...

Message 63 of 154
by: ryaneberry
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:09
The thing I've seen here is that there are some members who have just joined, all new to the set up of everything giffgaff, don't you think this is the wrong initial message to portray? Surely this would just encourage the deterioration of the community feel?
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 64 of 154
Highlighted
by: chriskm
former giff-staffer

on: 27/05/2012 | 11:09 edited: 27/05/2012 | 11:47

We have now identified the problem and corrected it.  Authors of articles that receive kudos will now not receive it personally. We will also make sure that we deduct any kudos received as a result of this promotion from any payback calculations.

<<edit - I have now been made fully aware that kudos doesn't effect payback, so please ignore the comment above.  My mistake.  Apologies and thanks to everyone for correcting me>>

Once again, apologies for the honest mistake and also to the group of members who've helped to get the system up and running.  This was an error on the Administration side of the system and was nothing to do with them.

We are already looking into how we can introduce a more accurate method of measuring quality of the FAQs.  Our preferred solution is to introduce a star rating system that will replace the kudos.   I'll keep you posted on progress of this.

Message 65 of 154
by: darrenpainter
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:11
You may have just opened a new can of worms by saying that there is a need to deduct the recent received kudos from the payback calculations, as we have been assured many times that kudos has NO effect on payback Smiley Happy
Message 66 of 154
by: ryaneberry
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:13
The fact that smiler74 said that is a prime example showing that getting kudos isn't anything special, it doesn't mean anything, he said 'stars' which gives me the perception that he just sees it as a game, how many stars can I give to people? I'm not having a go at the mentioned member; it's not his fault I doubt he realises he's just been brain washed
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 67 of 154
by: andreww
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:13

@chriskm wrote:

We have now identified the problem and corrected it.  Authors of articles that receive kudos will now not receive it personally. We will also make sure that we deduct any kudos received as a result of this promotion from any payback calculations.

Not sure if that's better news, or worse news given that giffgaff has always stressed that kudos has no monetary value and no bearing on payback!!!!! What is going on in giffgaff HQ these days??????? Smiley Sad
Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 68 of 154
by: phonepep
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:19

Where is my star...no...I don't want to click it myself but if I could have one of those kudothings I will be the happiest girl in the world...or maybe not but I will enjoy clicking my star continuoslyyyy!...oh yessss!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 69 of 154
by: oldyorkie
on: 27/05/2012 | 11:21 edited: 27/05/2012 | 11:24

@andreww wrote:

@chriskm wrote:

Not sure if that's better news, or worse news given that giffgaff has always stressed that kudos has no monetary value and no bearing on payback!!!!! What is going on in giffgaff HQ these days??????? Smiley Sad

Can see the post count in this thread going through the roof now ... "kudos = payback"????

Not the best way to instil (or attempt to) confidence - it would appear that we have been mislead then, and inturn mislead others?? Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 70 of 154