Help Yourself Competition - Win £250 Amazon Vouchers

Started by: chriskm
On: 25/05/2012 | 16:43
Replies: 153

by: will23
former giff-staffer

on: 27/05/2012 | 12:59
Holding statement inc.

Hi guys, watch this space. We'll get this palava sorted out. On topic, kudos definitely don't affect payback, but they do matter to some people. Taking pride in your work is nothing to be ashamed of.
Former Community Manager 
Message 91 of 154
by: jaycat
on: 27/05/2012 | 13:16 edited: 27/05/2012 | 13:18

@will23 wrote:
Holding statement inc.

Hi guys, watch this space. We'll get this palava sorted out. On topic, kudos definitely don't affect payback, but they do matter to some people. Taking pride in your work is nothing to be ashamed of.

"Kudos definitely don't affect payback" - except when they do...

Community Manager

Re: What to base payback points on [ Edited ]

@jaycat wrote:

@alex_w wrote:

Toby didn't spell it out with his post, but it is true that this idea is redundant as we already endeavour to reward quality over quantity.

To the full extent that we can, we attempt to take into account quality of posts. However, as someone already mentioned, with the volume of community interactions that we have here now it would be impossible to quality check every single post or thread as a manual process. If we happen to spot particularly good, or particularly poor, posting habits we can make manual adjustments.

The very best way for you all to help reward high quality posts is to make sure you Kudos those posts you feel deserve something extra.

I think there might be a slight danger with this comment, Alex, that some people interpret it as kudos=payback - which i'm fairly sure is not what you meant?

True, it doesn't on its own. But it does help to highlight to us when particuarly good posts are being made, and if a particular member is consistently posting to a high standard.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/What-to-base-payback-points-on/m-p/...

Message 92 of 154
by: ryaneberry
on: 27/05/2012 | 13:19

@will23 wrote:
Holding statement inc.

Yes giving kudos for good, honest work is brilliant, that's what they used to be used for, but what actuall work has been done here to be proud of?
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 93 of 154
Highlighted
by: brulaw
on: 27/05/2012 | 13:39

Just my  twopence worth  ,  People sometimes make mistakes ,  ( all of us at some time or other )  the important thing is to learn from them and not repeat them  , as for heaping the blame onto one or two  specific members  , that's not at all fair ,  the thing to do is to  try to make sure the situation gets corrected and  not repeated  ..... and then  move on .  

Message 95 of 154
by: stephenmiller
on: 27/05/2012 | 13:42

@trudiw wrote:
@badgerhud who am I brown nosing to ? DP is a community member the same as you and I so it's not like he can give me extra payback, I have given up caring about what other giffgaffers think about me as it's now just a forum where the majority of people out for themselves who don't care about helping others. I said what I said as Darren is too professional and polite to say it, I'm sorry if I upset you but your posting comes across as accusatory and jealous, you didnt think about others feelings when you wrote so why should I Smiley Happy

I like you Trudi and it makes my day when I do a Google image search for giffgaff and your picture comes up Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 154
by: trudiw
on: 27/05/2012 | 13:54
Lol that's scary I didn't know it did that Stephen !
Message 97 of 154
by: skhan_786
on: 27/05/2012 | 14:08
Nice give away
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 98 of 154
by: stephenmiller
on: 27/05/2012 | 14:14

@trudiw wrote:
Lol that's scary I didn't know it did that Stephen !

Yeah search for giffgaff on Google images and you're on page 3 (You're giffgaffs page 3 girl?). You're even higher on the image rankings that Mike and Keith & Orville Smiley Tongue

Message 99 of 154
by: desmondlee
on: 27/05/2012 | 14:18

by replying another one's post =D

Message 100 of 154