Introduce yourself here!

Started by: vincent
On: 13/01/2010 | 11:03
Replies: 11960

by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 13/01/2010 | 11:03 edited: 16/01/2014 | 15:09

Hey there.  Welcome to giffgaff.

If you're looking to introduce yourself, you can pop over to our Welcome & Join section and say hi in this thread right here.

What you'll find below is the old introduction thread. There's a lot of history and sweet memories (not to mention members) in this thread, so we thought we'd preserve it for historical value. Smiley Happy

Enjoy and see you around the community!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to our gaff, what can we get you?

This thread can be used to introduce yourself to the community. Just say hello or maybe even add a little bit about yourself. Settle in and tell us, "How do you take your tea or coffee?"

teacoffee

After you've placed your order, why don't you catch up with what's going on in our community here and please do read the community guidelines, which you automatically agree to by using and posting on the community Smiley Happy

Click below to meet our teams!

Community Team | Business Intelligence | Operations Team | Programing Team | Developer Team

-Vincent, the International Man of Mystery, no longer works at giffgaff, but read his original thread in the spoiler. 

Click to reveal

HI all,

This thread can be used to introduce yourself to the community. Just say hello or maybe even add a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel comfortable with Smiley Happy

I'll start it off (I've got a bigger introduction on the notice board should you be very interested):

Hi all,

I'm Vincent, although here we spell every name without capitals, so Vincent will do Smiley Wink

I joined giffgaff on the 4th of January, but have been lurking around for quite a while now. I'm the community manager here at giffgaff so should you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

So have fun, enjoy yourself, and don't be afraid to speak up and make suggestions.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 1 of 11,961
by: t3chy
on: 20/01/2010 | 07:35

Hi all,

My name is Alex, I am a 21 year old musician, writter, blogger and podcast host.

I have worked round the world with bands from Motorhead to Dizzee Rascal. I have worked in PR, Advertising and in recording studios.

I am in the middle of starting up my old blog and podcast called Interwebzicast. I look forward to getting involved with Giff Gaff.

Techy

My Blog: www.interwebzicast.tumblr.com
Twitter: @t3chy
Message 2 of 11,961
former giff-staffer

on: 20/01/2010 | 15:24

Welcome to the community t3chy!

Bet you've got some good stories Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 11,961
by: danielclo1il
on: 20/01/2010 | 21:52

hey

my name is Dann, im 18, and i go to college for a living, LOL

i like to play with photoshop,final cut studio, and i also cover songs with GarageBand

i want to make some vlogs for youtube, but i haven't gained enough confidence yet! lol

Thanks
Dann

Message 4 of 11,961
by: t3chy
on: 20/01/2010 | 21:58

Hey Dan,

Welcome to Giff Gaff! Kudos on the Vlog, I am stoked to be part of a generation where we can do that kind of stuff! If you are good with garage band, purrrrhaps we can work together on coming up with some jingles for my podcast 'Interwebzicast'?

Did you PAY for photoshop? I'm pretty sure i'm the only person I know who did ...

Techy

My Blog: www.interwebzicast.tumblr.com
Twitter: @t3chy
Message 5 of 11,961
by: alexpower
on: 20/01/2010 | 22:07 edited: 20/01/2010 | 22:18

Hey. I'm Alex Power.

I'm 14 years of age and I live in Manchester!

I like to play instruments such as drums and guitar; and I have phobia of spiders; and I have fairly long hair; and best of all, I know many Spanish swear words! Smiley Surprised

That's me in a nutshell.

Message 6 of 11,961
by: borobabe
on: 22/01/2010 | 22:22
I'm borobabe, and I have been with Giffgaff since the forum site was set up. I used to co-host, co-edit, co-produce and co-present a radio show on Preston FM, all about mobile phones, and how to get the best out of them. We compiled an A to Z of mobile phone terminology which we used on the show, in an attempt to de-mystify the jargon that surrounds mobile phone technology. We also reviewed handsets, presented network news, and anything else that we thought would interest mobile phone users. I am enjoying my VIG status here on Giffgaff, and feel proud when I see the VIG icon next to my name. I am more than happy to offer any help and advice that I can give to fellow Giffgaff members and forum users. If anyone wants to ask me anything, please feel free to do so, and I will try to answer your question.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 11,961
by: ncampbell
on: 29/01/2010 | 11:29
Well...I guess i may say my Hello's ....I'm Nige (or Megatron so my team call me) from L'Derry in Northern Ireland and well what more can i say about myself other than being a nut case I.T guy (I love my gadgets). In my hobbies and passtime i am a Renault Mechanic from the house and a Car Detailer/Valeter. All that can be said from that is i don't have much drinking time....but i try to have the odd pint!
Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 8 of 11,961
by: jeffsolo
on: 01/02/2010 | 18:16

harro Smiley Very Happy

lovin this community thing!! 'chuffing great concept'!

My names Jeff, I'm a trucker for a large haulage firm, I love my board sports, music, film an video games.

When I'm doing none of the above, I'm either working on my cars or wrestling the dog.

looking forward to recieving my sim in a day or two! thnks

Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!
Message 9 of 11,961
former giff-staffer

on: 03/02/2010 | 14:26

Hi jeffsolo,

Welcome to the community mate!

Make yourself at home and contribute where you can, or just jump in for a nice chat Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Vincent

Message 10 of 11,961