Community

Introducing Early Re-purchase on Goodybags and Gigabags

Started by: hazel22
On: 23/09/2014 | 21:01
Replies: 298

by: hazel22
former giff-staffer

on: 23/09/2014 | 21:01 edited: 16/10/2018 | 11:40

PLEASE NOTE: This is a thread from September 2014, and some aspects of this feature have changed since then. For the most up to date information, please read our Knowledge Base article.

Hi all

Morning everyone,

Members have been asking for a way to be able to delete their goodybag when they run out of allowance on minutes and data. It's our 2nd most asked for idea of all time, and today (24th September) the long awaited Idea has been implemented. Not only that, but it's our 55th member Idea implemented this year. Champion. 

We're chuffed to introduce 'Early Re-purchase' to you; if you run out of minutes or data in your current goodybag, you can purchase a new goodybag early.

There are different ways to buy a goodybag early, depending on the result you want to achieve:

• You want your goodybag to be renewed automatically every month: you will need a recurring goodybag.
  • You want to anticipate the purchase of your next goodybag so it starts when your current goodybag expires: you will need a queued goodybag.
  • you don't have any data or minute left in your current goodybag and you want to buy a new one right now: you can buy a goodybag early.

Purchasing a new goodybag early is only available when you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB left in your current goodybag. This cap has raised since. As of July 2018, the threshold is 100MB, 100 texts or 100 minutes. We will keep our Knowledge Base article up to date if this changes further.

• If you are low on data, minutes or texts in your goodybag, a message will appear under "My goodybags"
  • If you are recurring your goodybag, you can decide to recur your next goodybag right now,
  • If you have a queued goodybag, you can decide to start your queued goodybag right now,
  • If you have no recurring or queued goodybag, you can select a new goodybag to start right now.
  • When you purchase a goodybag early, it erases your current goodybag and you will lose any remaining allowance, so we ask you to confirm you are really sure you want to start a new goodybag right now.
  • When you select a new goodybag or recur your goodybag early, the payment for the new goodybag is taken at this point, and a payment confirmation page is displayed.
  • Your new goodybag is active and is visible in My giffgaff.

We always love bringing your ideas to the network, so if you want to vote for any other features you want to bring to giffgaff, start looking and Kudos'ing for our next big launch here. Nice one. 

4th April 2011 - 5th June 2015
Message 1 of 299
by: mattsmith100
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:16
Brilliant news, well done! Smiley Happy
Don't forget to set this as "best answer" if this has helped! Get a free sim with £5 free credit by clicking below (no free credit if you order a sim direct from giffgaff!)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 299
by: fabretti
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:36
about time, you've been losing out on this extra revenue for years.

I see I have £15 on my bag with " Offer" on it.

Not a problem as i'll be porting out tomorrow to a decent network.
Message 3 of 299
by: samwich
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:38
Hi Hazel,

Thanks for detailing how this great new feature works.

Though I'm still luckily burning through my last 50 MB Buffer, on my gigabag, before I get to try this feature out for real.

Thanks and keep up the great work. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 299
by: ma2013
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:38

Great news and great post Hazel, thanks! Any chance of screen shots of the early buying option/process? Smiley Happy

If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 299
by: minivippy
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:52
Brilliant news with a family on giff gaff makes life easier Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 299
by: saima03
on: 24/09/2014 | 10:52
Wicked thanks for the news hazel Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 7 of 299
by: edgex3
on: 24/09/2014 | 11:04
That's a great idea,
Message 8 of 299
by: leshin
on: 24/09/2014 | 11:06
Wicked
Thanks Hazel
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 299
by: jeremyzm
on: 24/09/2014 | 11:13
That is really good news..I hated waiting for weeks until I could buy a new goodybag.
Message 10 of 299