Started by: roxy_r
On: 03/09/2015 | 09:54
Replies: 113

by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2015 | 09:54 edited: 03/09/2015 | 09:56

Name: Roxy20140813_090256.jpg

Title: Educator

Tea Making Ability: Awesome, obviously! Even better at picking the flavour. I am a huge fan of flavoured tea.

What Mobile Phone do you own? Samsung galaxy s5 - somehow me and Iphones do not work and apparently relationship counciling professionals do not cover electronic related issues, I have tried.

Glass half empty or full? On its happy way to be refilled! There is always more than two perspectives to any given situation.

Fun fact about yourself? Does anyone remember Clippy, the Microsoft Word assistant? Well he had some alter egos and one of them was Links the cat. I used to open the program and click animate on Links for a good amount of time and then just exit. God knows I would probably be so tempted to do that if they were still around.

Hobbies/Interests?
Hobbies/Interests? I love DIY and interior design, my house goes through changes every time I get my creative mood on. Or if I want to do a non destructive work of art I will release some graphic design frenzy - anything from photo manipulation, logo design to forum signatures. I am also quite fascinated of any mystery or hidden secrets like ancient Egypt, crime and psychological movies and series, but I do make some time for some serious comedy marathon - it just has to be done regularly, the world feels sunnier when you laugh. Also I am a huge fan of music, cannot live without but I will not go into details here as I will need more pages - it is already so much I will leave the rest for PMs. /mystery mode on

If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why? A horse, no doubt. It just fascinates me how they can be both so strong and so graceful at the same time and most important they have beautiful hair that seems to effortlessly look good no matter the wind and I am pretty sure they are not using Taft..I could be wrong though and then my entire plan is ruined.

Previous experience/background? I would love to tell you that I have been a merry little princess and I moved from castle to castle depending on where the best banquets were, but my cover story is that I have worked mostly customer service, helping in the running of hotels and restaurants since I was 17. I might have been brainwashed into thinking anything related and involving people interaction does not feel like work.. so, should I take the red pill or the blue pill?

Why did you join giffgaff? Being a part of a few on-line communities in the past, I got to experience that feeling of belonging to a place where there is always someone to talk to, and loads of people to share experiences and have a laugh with. Plus they said they are considering an 'All you can eat'cookie day, so I just had to!

Where do you see yourself in two years from now? By then my petition to move giffgaff head quarters to Hawaii would have enough signatures and when you come to visit, you can worry about the sharks and sun lotion instead of forgetting the umbrella at home.

Anything else you would like to share? Is it strange that I would rather watch movies and programs on a normal screen rather than an oversized one? I feel my neck stressing a bit when I have to turn my head to take in the entire scene. On the bright side, my eyesight is eagle like, maybe I was one in a previous life.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 1 of 114
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2015 | 10:29

rong42 wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Hi and thank you, so excited to be here!

Message 3 of 114
by: dazoo
on: 03/09/2015 | 10:33

Hi there   Another new giffgaff employee.

Welcome Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 114
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2015 | 10:38

dazoo wrote:

Hi there   Another new giffgaff employee.

Welcome Smiley Happy

Hi daz, yep.

Thanks for the welcome!

Message 5 of 114
by: zoeawesome
on: 03/09/2015 | 10:54

Welcome Roxy! 

Would love to see some of your DIY! Forever ago I started a little series thing encouraging more creative posts on the boards as a project, here's a link to one of those Smiley Happy

Have you seen my latest vlog? Is all about Lingua.ly, an immersive language learning app, click here to have a look!
Message 6 of 114
by: i_am_sy
on: 03/09/2015 | 10:54
Yay Welcome to the MAD House Roxy Smiley Happy

Thought I'd spied you Smiley Very Happy

All you can eat cookies Yummmmm
Message 7 of 114
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2015 | 11:09

zoeawesome wrote:

Welcome Roxy! 

Would love to see some of your DIY! Forever ago I started a little series thing encouraging more creative posts on the boards as a project, here's a link to one of those Smiley Happy

Oh Zoe, that looks great and thank you for the welcome!

I had a time in my life when I was doing handmade jewelry out of that special clay. I would love to share some of my 'designs' with you and see more of yours, maybe we can start something homemade and DIY related together.

Message 8 of 114
by: mark1101b
on: 03/09/2015 | 11:11 edited: 03/09/2015 | 11:13

@roxy_r                               أهلا و مرحبا بكم في المجتمع

So when to you start re-designing the office lol

Message 9 of 114
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2015 | 11:11

i_am_sy wrote:

Yay Welcome to the MAD House Roxy Smiley Happy

Thought I'd spied you Smiley Very Happy

All you can eat cookies Yummmmm

Yes, you did Sy! I was quite impressed.

Thanks for the welcome and I am so waiting on that to come. It would be the best day ever!

Message 10 of 114