Community

June 2018 Payback Calculations

Started by: alex_w
On: 02/07/2018 | 16:21
Replies: 288

Highlighted
by: premierphotosuk
on: 17/07/2018 | 14:07

@ujo55 Fair coment to most of it.Smiley Wink I must admit I didn't see there was other updates in a full 18 page thread and will also agree the first page should have also been updated to reflect any further news/updates.

Also i get your point regarding lithium.

Also bear in mind Payback can or be removed at any time by giffgaff. Personally I would bin payback off, I'm waiting for all the replies to that coment I've just made. To many rely on it and you shouldn't.

We all have various opinions surrounding it, I remember like a lot of the long term members here when it was only a few quid a month before payback 2 came out... 

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 181 of 289
by: ujo55
on: 17/07/2018 | 15:09
@premierphotosuk
I don't disagree with your views on payback, some have made the same point in this thread:
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/If-I-were-the-new-Head-of-Community/td-p/22115888
Who knows maybe Lithium will kill it off for GG - but I doubt that!
I do believe that the future of payback should be the subject of a separate thread in Contribute, rather than comments scattered across the community - if anyone dare to start it - not me!
Message 182 of 289
by: jsmith2009
on: 17/07/2018 | 16:47

Thanks for the update.

Maybe with all the issues they should roll June & July into one.

Cheers

Message 183 of 289
by: ungourin
on: 17/07/2018 | 17:09
So this is why it's been such a long time for payback to be updated for June match easier to just roll June and July in one hit just get a double hit in one once we've all had our actual payback paid out at the beginning of June we ate too fast anyway until it fully comes in December so anything that builds up over a certain time is fine
Message 184 of 289
by: the_bookie
on: 17/07/2018 | 17:26

I think lithium have badly let giffgaff

and other users down being honest .

No doubt Alex and his staff will all be

making phone calls and really trying 

there best to sort all of this out .

Furthermore it would be wise to keep

the payback calculations as they are 

as most people like to see what they

have earned and work there socks of

for payback on this community .

Message 185 of 289
by: kc_58
on: 17/07/2018 | 17:26
Hi and apologies if someone has already made this comment (I dont have the time to go back and read the whole thread) my payback point have been reset even tho i did no claim them has there been a change that I am not aware of?
Message 186 of 289
by: harrrrrry
on: 17/07/2018 | 19:41

@kc_58

They always do get reset a day or two after payback, but I've never understood why.

There's no need to reset the payback until the first month of the next season is complete and there are new payback figures to go in their place.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 187 of 289
by: raqib1998
on: 17/07/2018 | 23:42
Better late than never
Message 188 of 289
by: jfh
on: 18/07/2018 | 07:55

kc_58 wrote:

Hi and apologies if someone has already made this comment (I dont have the time to go back and read the whole thread) my payback point have been reset even tho i did no claim them has there been a change that I am not aware of?

Yes, I’m bemused by this and wondering the same. 

Message 189 of 289
by: jfh
on: 18/07/2018 | 07:57

pinkcalculator wrote:

I did just pop onto the thread as I noticed I had no payback knowing it’s only actually going to hit my bank in December I’m not overly worried about a delay on the running total for now but after all this time and months of payback I wonder how many spanner’s can actually be out there. Anyway I’m off back to checking my four weather apps as each one predicts rain at a different time today,

Haha, my weather apps keep teasing me with the possibility of rain too. 

Message 190 of 289