Knowledge Base
Community

Minor change to non mobile 07 number pricing

Started by: will23
On: 04/03/2015 | 10:46
Replies: 34
Reply

by: lorna2013
on: 04/03/2015 | 12:00
Thank you for the update! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 35
by: aronrose
on: 04/03/2015 | 12:01
Thanks
Here to help.
Message 12 of 35
by: allan1954
on: 04/03/2015 | 12:16
thanks @will23 my number begins with 0755 gold number i got it from family mobile did not no this was not included in goodybags before you said.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 35
by: ian011
on: 04/03/2015 | 12:49 edited: 04/03/2015 | 12:55

@asciimotog wrote:

I've just had a nosey at that list too.
What am I missing, I still can't find 075378 or 075379 ?


If those ranges are not listed, then presumably they are no longer allocated and therefore no longer need to be subject to special pricing. A number of smaller providers have recently ceased operation. Maybe that's the reason?

 

 


@allan1954 wrote:
My number begins with 0755 gold number. I got it from family mobile did not know this was not included in goodybags before you said.

You raise an interesting point. I assume that your number does count as a free call when other people with free calls to giffgaff mobile numbers call you?

 

Message 14 of 35
by: asciimotog
on: 04/03/2015 | 12:53

@ian011 wrote:

@asciimotog wrote:

I've just had a nosey at that list too.
What am I missing, I still can't find 075378 or 075379 ?


If those ranges are not listed, then presumably they are no longer allocated and therefore no longer need to be subject to special pricing. A number of smaller providers have recently ceased operation. Maybe that's the reason?

 


Although those are in the list of numbers identified by @will23 as now chargeable at 20p/min.

 

Hey Will, can you enlighten us?

Knowledge Base ~ Shortcodes ~ Community Guidelines

Ask the community ~ Ask an agent ~ Check agent messages ~ Educators 

Order a free sim with £5 free credit (£10 top up required)  PM me for sims by 1st class post and overseas

Message 15 of 35
by: allan1954
on: 04/03/2015 | 13:06
@ian011 i have never rang gg to gg so would never no.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 35
by: ian011
on: 04/03/2015 | 13:13 edited: 04/03/2015 | 13:33

@asciimotog wrote:

@Although those are in the list of numbers identified by @will23 as now chargeable at 20p/min.


Ah, oh. Didn't notice that. Consider me confused.

 

It's possible those ranges are listed on a previous version of this page:

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/numbering/proposed-withdrawals/

 

 


@allan1954 wrote:
I have never rang gg to gg so would never know.

You'll qualify for the free calls.

 

My question was about whether people calling you from a giffgaff SIM would be charged or not. It's an interesting point.

 

Message 17 of 35
by: will23
former giff-staffer

on: 04/03/2015 | 14:18 edited: 04/03/2015 | 15:02

@allan1954 wrote:
thanks @will23 my number begins with 0755 gold number i got it from family mobile did not no this was not included in goodybags before you said.

Edit: scratch that. I'll investigate.

 

 


@asciimotog wrote:

@ian011 wrote:

@asciimotog wrote:

I've just had a nosey at that list too.
What am I missing, I still can't find 075378 or 075379 ?


If those ranges are not listed, then presumably they are no longer allocated and therefore no longer need to be subject to special pricing. A number of smaller providers have recently ceased operation. Maybe that's the reason?

 


Although those are in the list of numbers identified by @will23 as now chargeable at 20p/min.

 

Hey Will, can you enlighten us?


I'll see what I can find out.

Former Community Manager 
Message 18 of 35
by: saarahibrahim
on: 04/03/2015 | 17:35
Thank you for the update
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 35
by: ma2013
on: 04/03/2015 | 21:30
Thanks for the update. ☺😊📱
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 35