Community

Newbie recurring offer - bonus Payback

Started by: meeta82
On: 27/03/2014 | 10:28
Replies: 8

by: meeta82
former giff-staffer

on: 27/03/2014 | 10:28 edited: 12/06/2014 | 16:04

Update: We will be repeating this offer for a few more weeks to get some more meaningful results. Please see updated post here. 

----------------------------

Hi all,

We’ve found that new members can sometimes need a little help learning how to set up their account and we want to help educate them on how to make the process as easy and hassle-free as possible.

We are therefore running a campaign to a random selection of new members to show them how to set up a recurring goodybag, together with an exclusive offer as part of our Offer Testing Programme 

What is the offer:

• If you were selected to participate in this offer, the details will be included in an email, including the Payback amount and the deadline for setting up recurring
  • After your goodybag recurs, you will receive your Payback. This will show up on your Payback widget around the 5th of the following month, and can be redeemed in June

To recur your goodybag:

• Save your card: Head to My Payment Details. If you haven’t already, you’ll need to save a card first before setting up recurring goodybag

payment details v2.JPG

• Set up a recurring goodybag:  A new goodybag will be automatically added to your account once your current one expires so you don’t have to remember to buy a new one each month.

To do this, click on ‘Change’ under ‘Recur your goodybag’ and tick ‘Recur your selected goodybag’ to enable this option.

recur goodybag v2.JPG

Once you’ve saved your settings, you can see that it has been activated under My Giffgaff 

my account.JPG

If you want to change your next goodybag, you can change it at any time up until your current one expires.

To check when your next payment will occur, visit My giffgaff to see the ‘next goodybag’ start date.

Terms and conditions apply, see below for more information and FAQs

FAQ

How long is this offer on for: This offer will start on 27th March and will run for around a week, but we may keep it running for longer until we have some meaningful results from the test.

How will I know if I’m eligible for the offer? This offer will be trialled on a randomly selected group of new members who have an existing goodybag but have not yet recurred or queued a goodybag. We’ll be sending out an email to members to inform them if they have been selected.

I have completed the task, why hasn’t my Payback been updated in My giffgaff? The Payback widget in My giffgaff is only updated once a month. Your Payback will appear here after your goodybag has recurred, around the 5th of the following month. For example, if your goodybag recurs on 3rd of April, your Payback widget will be updated around the 5th of May.

How do I recur my goodybag? To recur your goodybag, follow the step by step instructions detailed above.

I’ve completed the task, how will I know if I got my bonus Payback? We will send out a confirmation around a week after your goodybag has recurred with the amount you’ve been awarded. Your Payback widget will be updated around the 5th of the following month.

Can I turn on recurring and switch it off again and still receive Payback? You will only receive Payback after the goodybag has recurred. However if you want to change your recurring options or change the goodybag that is recurred you can do this at any time.

I’ve got my bonus Payback, is this going to be given to me as credit when you pay it out? Not necessarily. If you have earned points, it is your responsibility to make sure you select how you’d like to receive your Payback – either as credit, cash if at least £10 or donated to charity. You can do this at any time in My giffgaff

I didn’t get the offer, what are my options? Unfortunately this offer is not available to you at this time. However please make sure you have an active SIM and are opted into communications from giffgaff – we will have more offers coming soon that may be more relevant to you in future.

How much will I get? If you’ve been lucky enough to be selected for this exclusive offer, you’ll see the amount of Payback in your email. There will be differing amounts as part of this offer as we test offer effectiveness.

Why are there different amounts of Payback offered? We need to work out what amount works best, therefore some members might be offered more for this activity and less for another in future. This kind of testing helps us understand the right offer amount for future offers.

Click to reveal

T&C’s – the legal bits

1. This offer is exclusive to those members that we’ve invited to participate in this offer
  2. The offer entry date is open until 10pm of the date included in your offer. Please don’t leave it to the last minute in case technology lets you down
  3. Points for the amount offered in a members email will only be allocated once – the bonus points are applied based on the first time your goodybag recurs, not awarded on every recurrence or for only selecting auto recur.
  4. In addition to the terms and conditions laid out on this post for this offer, you must also accept our Payback terms and conditions if you earn any points through participation
  5. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a complement jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision not held to be invalid
  6. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms. 

Message 1 of 9
by: kainnero
on: 27/03/2014 | 10:45
nice, this will definitely help the newbies coming to giffgaff.
Accept a solution if your problem was solved to help everyone out
Message 2 of 9
by: apinkduck
on: 27/03/2014 | 11:30
If you're having to bribe people to use this feature doesn't it highlight it as being something they don't really want to do rather than something they don't know about?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
former giff-staffer

on: 27/03/2014 | 17:32

The idea isn't to try and 'bribe' people to do an action, but to understand whether a sense of urgency with a time limited offer will encourage members to proactively understand how to get the most out of giffgaff. Not to worry, we'll also be testing the impact of a pure educational message with no offer as well, just to understand whether this sort of thing is useful to members as well as the effectiveness of this type of mechanic.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
former giff-staffer

on: 12/06/2014 | 16:04

Update: We will be repeating this offer for a few more weeks to get some more meaningful results. Please see updated post here. 

Message 5 of 9
by: norbennett
on: 02/07/2014 | 21:39

the text i got said i could recur the goodybag anytime until  until 10pm, but it does not allow me to do so

Message 6 of 9
by: gordie10
on: 02/07/2014 | 23:52

@norbennett wrote:

the text i got said i could recur the goodybag anytime until  until 10pm, but it does not allow me to do so

Is your goodybag expiring today? If so, it sounds like the text you received may not be up-to-date. Goodybags can only be set to recur up until 9pm on the date of expiry. It used to be 10pm, but a few months ago, it changed to 9pm, because of the increase in giffgaff member numbers, meaning it takes them longer to process recurrences.

Up-to-date information on this can be found in the Knowledge Base, in the "Recurring goodybags guide".

@meeta82: Depending on when this member's goodybag expired, and what their deadline for the offer was, you might want to take a look at the texts you're sending out about this offer. Maybe T&C #2 as well.

Message 7 of 9
by: norbennett
on: 03/07/2014 | 09:43

In which case I think you really should update the time in the texts you send out, I dont expect to have to consult an additional T&C file to work out if the offer you send me is valid or not

Message 8 of 9
by: computekbrain
on: 03/07/2014 | 11:32
Seems like a nice test to help newcomers adjust to the type of system that giffgaff runs :-)
Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 FREE credit.
Message 9 of 9