Exclusive offer for members that joined after the 28th February 2011:
giffgaff does things differently, we can offer great value because our members get involved and are rewarded for their efforts
Through supporting members, generating ideas to be discussed and implemented and spreading the word, we can keep our costs lower.
Starting from 22nd March, new members get an extra £5 credit reward for connecting a friend within the first 6 weeks (42 days) of joining.
Order a SIM via Spread giffgaff/ via your personalised URL order link
- For your first friend activation you'll receive £5 bonus credit + 500 points within the first 6 weeks of you activating your SIM
- For each subsequent friend connection (and activations after 6 weeks of your own activation) you'll get 500 points as per normal
Your friend will get
- £5 credit when they activate (applied within 24 hours of them activating)
Two easy things that help to spread the word:
- Become a fan of the giffgaff Facebook page, that'll pop up on your friends walls that you're now a fan of giffgaff (this might be their first time they've heard of us)
- Let your friends know your personalised order link so they can order their very own giffgaff SIM.
To qualify for the £5 bonus credit:
- Your first friend activation must have activated within 42 days of you activating your own SIM
- SIM must have been ordered via your Spread giffgaff / your personalised order link after you activated your own SIM, therefore the SIM is automatically linked to your account
The process of applying the credit:
- If you're opted in to receiving marketing information you'll receive an email confirming your friend has joined giffgaff
- £5 bonus credit will be applied for your first friend connection between offer period
- We’ll take a look at all friend connections and apply a one off £5 credit to your account within 5 working days (typically on a Tuesday and Thursday each week)
- Remember, your points statement will reflect any points earned this month in the following months statement, sent on or around the 5th of each month
If you activated your SIM before the 28th February, see here for the existing members connection offer which expires 10th April.
Note: For members who activated after 22nd March, if you earn under £10 payback the default for payback will be credit payment.
- Is it limited to one £5 bonus credit: Yes - Just the first connection you make within the first 6 weeks of joining.
- Do I get 500 points for all my friend connections: Yes - You'll get 500 points for each connection
- I joined over 6 weeks ago, why don't I get this offer: We occasionally have offers for our older and wiser members, keep an eye out for new offers.
- When do I get my credit: Within 5 working days, we'll run a query on our database typically on a Tuesday and a Thursday each week.
- What do I do if I haven't received bonus credit: 1 was the activation at least 5 days ago. 2 confirm your friend connected a SIM that you ordered via Spread the word or via your Friend URL order page - sometimes they'll have activated a SIM that they got from somewhere else. 3 contact an agent with the details of your friends membername and the order details of the SIM and our analyst will be able to investigate.
- When will my points be updated: As per business as usual, on or around the 5th of each month your points tally will be updated
- Does the offer apply to all SIMs ordered by me/ ordered via my personalised URL: Yes, all SIMs ordered via spread giffgaff and via your personalised order link will be linked to your account and will qualify for the offer
Note: I'll add FAQ's to this list based on the comments received in this post.
Thanks reddwarf - you're absolutely right - all SIMs linked to your account: either ordered through
- Spread giffgaff (that you either hand to your friend or arrange to be delivered straight to their doorstep) or
- Ordered via your personalised URL order page
I've edited this post to add this question to the FAQ
Quick question, my husband activated his sim today (probably about 1pmish) before this post was released. Will I still get my £5 credit too as i joined after 28 Feb? as well as my 500points?
It's from this morning 12:01 - congrats, an unexpected bonus for you then, yes you'll get £5 bonus credit as well as 500 points and we'll run the first credit file hopefully next Tuesday (if not this Thursday) so you'll get your £5 then