Knowledge Base
Community

Now Finished: £10 Bonus credit when your friend joins through you this August.

Started by: chris_j_b
On: 31/07/2018 | 15:21
Replies: 50

by: chris_j_b
handy giff-staffer

on: 31/07/2018 | 15:21 edited: 10/09/2018 | 11:23

Hi giffgaffers

All the lovely weather we’ve seen recently has put us in a generous mood.

We’ve got a banger of an offer to shout about.

From tomorrow, 1st August, all members (including Super Recruiters) will be able to offer their friends and family £10 bonus credit for joining giffgaff through them rather than the usual £5 credit on offer.

The offer starts as soon as the clocks strike 12 on the 1st August (00:00) and will run until 23:59 on Friday the 31st August. This offer is applicable for any new activation by your friends or family (or anyone else, really) if they activate a SIM from you.

Please note: This £10 credit will be delivered to your friends as two £5 amounts.
£5 within 24 hours of activating, as per usual. Another £5 within 48  hours of them activating.

Our website, emails and SIM packs should all be up to date by tomorrow (but please shout if you see any references we’ve missed).

Already got SIMs?

Great - just get your friends to activate those during the promotion time period and they’ll still count.

(Except SIMs that came with a giffgaff Phone purchase – unfortunately they cannot be provisioned for this offer at this time).

Sharing the love is at the heart of giffgaff, so don’t miss out on this great offer.

Check the spoiler for some FAQ's and terms related to the offer.

Happy sharing everyone!

Chris

Click to reveal

Terms apply

* Note - this promotion is for new joining members who must activate an eligible SIM during this promotion, activating a SIM against an existing member account will not be eligible for the extra credit (just like our normal share the love programme and as per our normal terms). 

FAQ:
My SIM packs still say my friend will only get £5 free credit when they join, will they get £10?

For any packs you order during the promotional period that shouldn't be the case. But don't worry - older SIM packs are still eligible (just make sure they are activated before 23.59 31/08/2018)
And please note It can take up to 48 hours for your friend's second £5 to show – remember you can check your giffgaff credit balance at any time by dialing *100# from your giffgaff phone.

Is this available to Super Recruiters?
Yes - this offer is to any new member who joins through an existing member or via a Super Recruiter.

Are there any limits to the number of friends I can bring aboard?

No, share away to one and all.

I've previously been a member and activated a SIM. I've now come back to activate a new SIM against my existing account, do I get the extra credit?

Sadly not, this promotion is for new joining members.

Activating a SIM against an existing member account will not be eligible for the extra credit (just like our normal share the love programme and as per our normal terms).

Message 1 of 51
by: spacefrog
on: 31/07/2018 | 16:10

This is a fantastic offer even for new members to give giffgaff a trial.....

I hope giffgaff have stocked up on extra sim cards to fulfill all the extra sim cards being ordered.... Happy days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 2 of 51
by: clikasarus
on: 31/07/2018 | 17:07 edited: 31/07/2018 | 17:08

Thanks for the update @chris_j_b great offer let’s get them new members onboard 💷👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 51
by: kathleen414
on: 31/07/2018 | 18:04

@chris_j_b 

Fab offer and one thats a real treat for the members friends and family

Awesome giffgaff

Message 4 of 51
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 31/07/2018 | 18:18 edited: 01/08/2018 | 00:17

small.pngc7cd2b0cc6f68a15276cdf81f31c8d7e--smiley-emoji-smiley-faces.jpg

Fantastic news @chris_j_b

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 6 of 51
by: ma2013
on: 31/07/2018 | 18:45
Great offer... Just missed out on this offer though... By 3 days. Don't know if I can get any new member's in August. But it is a good deal. 😊📱😁
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 51
by: pauljohn7
on: 31/07/2018 | 18:55 edited: 31/07/2018 | 19:09

@chris_j_b

This is a great offer. Should help get some extra Activations in.  Smiley Happy

One question though.  The SIM in a box (50 SIM) packs.   Hopefully you will NOT be changing the words from 'Here's £5 free credit on us' to 'Here's £10 free credit on us'.  This is because the majority of the SIM Cards will be sitiing on shop shelves for months after the offer has finished!

Please reply with your thoughts on this issue.

Get a free giffgaff SIM
Message 8 of 51
by: ryanchen6
on: 31/07/2018 | 19:08
Happy August! Let’s smash it Smiley Tongue
MY FB: www.facebook.com/giffgaffree

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 51