Community

[On Hold] - Activation with PayPal

Started by: loukitten
On: 21/02/2018 | 09:28
Replies: 73

by: loukitten
handy giff-staffer

on: 21/02/2018 | 09:28 edited: 31/03/2019 | 19:29

UPDATE (November 2018): Following this post, PayPal was removed from the activation process, but it's still available after you activate. We will do our best to bring this to life in the near future. Check out this post for more.

---

Hey guys!

This is Luisa, I’m a developer here at giffgaff and this is my first post in the community so I’m really happy to finally get in touch with you all Smiley Happy

My team focuses on getting new people on board, so we work mainly on features such as SIM orders and SIM activations.

Our last big project is being delivered to you on Friday the 23rd of February and it adds a new option to the payment types we allow for activating a SIM… (suspense) … (suspense) …

Yes, you read the subject of this thread so you already know… it’s PayPal!!!

Members have been able to top-up with PayPal for a while if they already have an active SIM, but it wasn’t an option when activating a SIM… until now.

Many people have a PayPal account and prefer that for their internet transactions, so we are sure this enhancement will ease the activation process and be welcomed by many.

The activation process works exactly as before, you can buy a goodybag, top-up, or do both, and your plan will have recurrence if you want it, as we save your PayPal account on our side (an option that you can change if needed).

Here is a screenshot, just to show off a bit:

28236419_203571133711204_1101102613_n.pngThis is a development screenshot, actual view can be different.

Isn’t this great news? You should definitely share it with your friends and tell them how easy it is to join the giffgaff world Smiley Tongue

That’s all from me, I’m looking forward to reading your comments, boos or any questions you might have – I’ll do my best to answer Smiley Happy

*Thread title amended by Educator*

Message 1 of 74
by: davidevans0000
on: 21/02/2018 | 10:03
@loukitten this should be good as it has been asked a few times over the years.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 74
by: bobrobinson
on: 21/02/2018 | 10:11

Thats brilliant news @loukitten

That will please many gaffers so thanks for the heads up.

Also welcome to the community Smiley Happy

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 74
by: allan1954
on: 21/02/2018 | 10:33
@loukitten great news few of my friends want to use this way to top up.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 74
by: as7861
on: 21/02/2018 | 11:04
Hi @loukitten

That is awesome Smiley Happy

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16707971 @husates04 will be happy Smiley Happy and also everyone that voted for the idea or similar ideas along the way. In addition, the lab staffer's will be happy to mark the idea as implemented Smiley Wink when it is released. @prescilla_g @fadlur_f

But it will great edition.

This week has been amazing two good news haha. Who said giffgaff was gonna go bust after 1 year. Couple of years ahead. giffgaff is getting compitive and making it easier for member/customers to use giffgaff network. Happy Days !

Very pleased.
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 74
by: natty88
on: 21/02/2018 | 11:07

@loukitten great news thanks for letting us No and a warm welcome to the team and community part of it :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 74
by: mark1101b
on: 21/02/2018 | 11:45

@loukitten

Image result for animated hello waving gifs

Hey Luisa.

Thanks for making your first post a positive one and adding another string to the giffgaff bow.

I am sure that this will help new members joining giffgaff an easier experience with another payment option.

Message 7 of 74
by: gwpreston
on: 21/02/2018 | 11:55
@loukitten
Hi and welcome to the community thank you for letting us know this great news it is a wonderful development and has been long awaited, have a wonderful day my friend 👍😃
Message 8 of 74
by: isabel1066
on: 21/02/2018 | 12:45
Hi, @loukitten a great new addition to giffgaff.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 74
by: zahra_javid
on: 21/02/2018 | 12:55

Wow this is fantastic news

Message 10 of 74