Our apologies for today's network issues - Dec 6th

Started by: vespaash2
On: 06/12/2018 | 19:29
Replies: 158

by: vespaash2
handy giff-staffer

on: 06/12/2018 | 19:29 edited: 06/12/2018 | 19:35

We’re sorry.

Today, you will have been affected by a loss of data services, which also impacted voice calls. That meant this was not a great day to be a giffgaff member and that's a tough thing to write. It goes without saying we never want to let you down but today we did.

Looking at all of your messages on our community today, it’s been very clear how much this has impacted you. Since this morning, our engineers and our third-party suppliers have been working their socks off to correct a fault that’s at the root cause of the issue.

We’ve been given assurances that service will be restored by tomorrow morning (Dec 7th) and I can assure you they know how important it is for giffgaff members that this is resolved as quickly as possible.

We’ll keep you in the loop as soon as anything changes on our service update thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Ash

giffgaff CEO and gaffer
Message 1 of 159
by: lynnenjohn17
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:33

This is a pure joke 

Message 2 of 159
by: thetk96
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:36
Are we going to receive some sort of compensation for this I run my job through my phone via emails calls and texts today has been a very sorry day for me I have missed out on many work related emails and texts it’s not on this has not just impacted my social life but my job it’s not on to be messing with people’s lives in such a manner !?!
Message 3 of 159
by: persco
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:37

Not much giffgaff can do than to keep us updated seeing as this is a third party fault. 

Please keep regular updates coming on the service thread and fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Many have been affected today. 

Thanks for for sharing this. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 159
by: wildwolf17
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:37
unfortunatly this is out of giff gaffs hands, there are circa 30/40million people in the same boat inclusive of myself!!

the issue lays with O2/Ericcson and as GG is a Virtual Mobile Network Operator they are reliant on O2 / Ericcson to deal with this matter as swiftly as possible,

unfortunatly we just have to be patient and try and be understanding that no doubt GG staff are experiencing the same issues also! and we are in fact somewhat beneficial in having GG keep us in the loop at each update they recieve!
Message 5 of 159
by: onlymenow123
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:40
Will be nice to get a free goodybag for the hassle I use my phone for work and today has cost me MONEY!!!!
Message 6 of 159
by: polin2
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:41
Are customers going to get compensation?
Message 8 of 159
by: wildwolf17
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:46
that would be down to GG to decide! and right now would not be forefront of their priority! regaining the network control is the main thing at the moment in time, no doubt GG will keep us informed over the next 24 hours
Message 9 of 159
by: thetk96
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:49

I’ve lost out on a lot today fact of the matter is I could of lost my job but that’s ok because it’s not your fault ? Well I know it certainly isn’t my fault !! And as for being lucky because they’re keeping us updated whoever said that is obviously not being affected like the rest you don’t get how it affects people who rely on their phones for work 

Message 10 of 159