Our terms for voice calls are changing

Started by: dc_caton78
On: 14/02/2019 | 16:54
Replies: 123

by: dc_caton78
handy giff-staffer

on: 14/02/2019 | 16:54 edited: 22/02/2019 | 16:29

Hi everyone,

As you might know, a data billing issue came to light in 2018. You can read more about how that issue happened and what some members experienced in my thread here.

We’ve been taking a closer look at our systems as a result, and how they work in similar situations. As part of this, we’ve discovered an instance relating to voice calls that we are addressing.

Most members buy their goodybag while they’re not on a voice call. However, if a member makes a voice call, and then buys a goodybag to use while on that call, there are some scenarios that mean that the call will not start to be charged from the goodybag that they’ve just bought. This applies most often to members who are calling from airtime credit, but there are some situations where bringing a goodybag forward while on a call might charge from credit for a short time.

We’re going to make it much clearer that ongoing calls may not be charged from the goodybag without hanging up and redialling. You may already have had an email from us detailing this change to the Terms and Conditions, as we’re sending those out to every member from today onward.

As our terms didn’t reflect that situation correctly, we’re going to be providing a refund to members we have identified who were charged for a voice call in this way. There are two groups for this - if you were charged in this way from the beginning of 2018 to today’s terms change, we can detect how much you were charged from credit rather than a goodybag, and will be refunding that to you. We’ll be sending you an email from next week if you’re part of this group. (Update Feb 22nd - these emails are now being sent.)

Secondly, as part of keeping your data secure, we only hold call records for a certain period of time, so for members who may have been charged prior to 2018, we need to do something different. We’ll share further details in relation to this as soon as we are able.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, let us know and myself and the team will be here to answer as much as we can.

Thanks,

DC

Message 1 of 124
by: brulaw
on: 14/02/2019 | 17:33

@dc_caton78

Thank you for the information  / explanation  , it's great to hear that the issue has been discovered and that appropriate actions are taking place  , another instance where giffgaff  is open and does the right thing , well done to all involved in resolving the problem. 

big-grin.gif Happy giffgaffing  everyone thumbup.gif

Message 2 of 124
by: jokeyboi77
on: 14/02/2019 | 17:50

Thanks for the explanation @dc_caton78 and it's good to hear giffgaff are being pro active, but I don't get members who'd buy a goodybag during a call but I get the call is obviously too important to hang up, however buying a goodybag with more minutes before the call is surely the member's priority if the call is so important, but at least the members won't lose out financially.

jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 3 of 124
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 14/02/2019 | 18:36

@dc_caton78 thanks for sharing the information even though i never buy a goodybag over a voice call.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 124
by: ma2013
on: 14/02/2019 | 18:55
Thanks for the update! Didn't realise people bought Goodybags during calls,... That's multitasking! 😁📱👍🏽
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 124
by: timwilliams25
on: 14/02/2019 | 20:20

Clearer the better.  

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 6 of 124
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:22
@dc_caton78

Thank you for the information 👏and good for Giffgaff to sort it out

Yvonne
Message 7 of 124
by: isabel1066
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:09
Thank you for the information.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 124
by: i23456
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:54

Hi @dc_caton78

Thanks for the update!

You guys are making giffgaff better and better every day!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

keep up the **bleep** work!!!

PS: If this is your best answer click "SET AS BEST ANSWER." Heart If you found this post helpful, feel free to kudo it!! Smiley Wink ​​​Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 124
by: tracker7474
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:57
Thanks for the explanation /clarity on that this now provides to everyone
Message 10 of 124