Started by: christian_b
On: 05/06/2014 | 11:55
Replies: 41

Highlighted
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 05/06/2014 | 11:55

Hi all,

We are preparing to start processing the Payback payouts for the period of June 2014. First, we want to make sure you are prepared, we don't want any hiccups when it comes to you receiving your hard earned Payback do we?

So, below are a few common mistakes that we want to make sure you avoid. If you have selected to take your Payback as cash please have a thorough read through to make sure you are all set.

1. Do you have access to your PayPal account?

It sounds silly, however, one common mistake is that member's give us a PayPal address to pay out to that they later discovered they couldn't access for some reason. This one is easy to avoid; before giving us your PayPal details, verify that you can access it by logging in and checking all your details in PayPal.

2. Have you given us the correct email address?

Make sure you check that you've entered it correctly as you would use it in PayPal. Check carefully for typos, as just one tiny mistake can prevent us processing your payment.

The most commonly repeated error is getting the end of the email address wrong - such as giving us "example@example.com" when it should have been "example@example.co.uk".

3. Have you accepted the payment?

Once we start processing payments to PayPal, keep an eye on your account. PayPal may require you to accept the payment. It's really, really, important to do this promptly - if the payment isn't accepted after a month, it gets sent back to us. We had a few payments returned to us before, so make sure you check to see if PayPal wants you to accept the payment.

4. Have you earned enough to take yours as cash?

OK, it's another silly one - but it comes up every time. Don't forget that you need to have earned at least 1000 points (£10) worth of Payback to be able to request to receive it as a PayPal payment. If you have less you'll need to do one of the following: 1. take it as credit; or 2. donate to the community's chosen charity.

5. When did you last use your SIM? Is it active?

To receive payback, you'll need to have an active SIM on your account. This means you must have used the SIM within the last 3 months. It also means that if you have transferred your number to a different network and therefore deactivated your SIM, you won't be eligible to receive your payback.

Unfortunately this also means that if your account is suspended due to the Lost and Stolen process being in progress we may not be able to process your payback. If you are currently waiting for a Lost and Stolen replacement SIM, activate it as soon as it arrives.

6. Have you chosen how to receive your payback?

Oh hey, I'll just throw this out there - but have you made your choice yet? The deadlines are approaching fast, so don't forget to log into your My giffgaff section of the website and make your choice. You'll find it on the bottom right hand side. Heck, even if you're certain you've already made your choice ... it can't hurt to go and double check now, can it?

Once you have made all the checks suggested above then you are good to go. Enjoy your Payback and don't forget to let us know what you are going to do with it here. We love to read your stories. You can also vote on the Weekly Poll which appears on the main community page.

Regards,

Christian

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 1 of 42
by: jeffpeps
on: 05/06/2014 | 12:01
Thanks for the info 🇬🇧
Message 2 of 42
by: mathew40
on: 05/06/2014 | 12:03
Thanks for the heads up christian,and I would like to say " thankyou giffgaff " for my payback and its a great pleasure to be helping out in the community,as always.
giffgaff,your the best network by far,cheers everyoneSmiley Wink.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 42
by: herewego
on: 05/06/2014 | 12:05
Thank you. Giffgaff is the best!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 42
by: 1hale
on: 05/06/2014 | 12:07
£198 payback going into my PayPal account,

+

£144 JSA going into my Bank account

=

A new touchscreen windows 8 laptop
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 6 of 42
by: trekmatt
on: 05/06/2014 | 15:06
Thanks for the info there Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 42
by: ma2013
on: 05/06/2014 | 15:24

Great checklist, thanks! Smiley Happy

If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 42
by: pinkcalculator
on: 05/06/2014 | 19:32
I'm sure I checked my email but might just triple check just in case Smiley Tongue
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 42