Community

Q&A with the gaffer - Weds 14 Aug @ 6pm

Started by: vespaash2
On: 12/08/2019 | 18:13
Replies: 49

by: brulaw
on: 13/08/2019 | 19:09

@vespaash2 

Hi Ash , It's good to hear that you will be taking questions  tomorrow ( Wednesday )   , it's always a good thing when the gg staff  ( yourself and any of the other staff members ) interact with the community / members ( customers  ) , I'm sure you'll have a busy time and hopefully there will be some good questions for you to respond to , I'll try to join in but if I can't I'm sure someone will ask the questions I'd be asking ........ Hope it goes really well .

big-grin.gif Happy giffgaffing  everyone  thumbup.gif  

Message 21 of 50
by: jesi23
on: 13/08/2019 | 19:28

Ash, it is good that you are interacting with the community, but I am not sure whether I will be available at the set time or not.

I have asked a question using the form (in two parts as the first part sent itself when I tried to make a paragraph break). 

Basically, I am not impressed that you retired the £5 gigabag in July 2018 claiming the ‘new £5 goodybag’ was the equivalent (despite not having the 50MB buffer) and less than a year later increased the price to £6 in May 2019 without increasing the data to at least 600MB (as we HAD been paying 1p/MB, and it is now 1.2p/MB, and without the buffer). Data-only devices cannot use either minutes or texts, so a fairer solution might have been to increase the data to 1GB (since £8 goodybag has 2GB data). 

I buy a larger goodybag if I need more data some months, but most months I don’t need a larger goodybag.

🤡

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 22 of 50
by: stephenpperry
on: 13/08/2019 | 19:39

I'd like to know what giffgaff is going to do going forward for those people who use little to no data. The prices hike up to £6 on the smallest goodybag hit my family quite hard. Are there any plans for family plans or something similar? 

Kudos costs me nothing, so I give it freely .

Check out my friends discounts and bonuses page Take a look and let me know what you think!
Message 23 of 50
by: bobrobinson
on: 13/08/2019 | 19:44

@jesi23wrote:

Ash, it is good that you are interacting with the community, but I am not sure whether I will be available at the set time or not.

I have asked a question using the form (in two parts as the first part sent itself when I tried to make a paragraph break). 

Basically, I am not impressed that you retired the £5 gigabag in July 2018 claiming the ‘new £5 goodybag’ was the equivalent (despite not having the 50MB buffer) and less than a year later increased the price to £6 in May 2019 without increasing the data to at least 600MB (as we HAD been paying 1p/MB, and it is now 1.2p/MB, and without the buffer). Data-only devices cannot use either minutes or texts, so a fairer solution might have been to increase the data to 1GB (since £8 goodybag has 2GB data). 

I buy a larger goodybag if I need more data some months, but most months I don’t need a larger goodybag.

🤡

Hiya @jesi23 

Thats what happened to me,( sent itself ) Tried 3 times so gave up in the end . But i think ash will get  the gist of my message.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 50
by: formulaone
on: 13/08/2019 | 20:12 edited: 13/08/2019 | 21:54

@vespaash2

Nice one Ash!

A good opportunity for those to ask their questions!

I don't currently have any questions to ask!

Well done on nearly being 'the gaffer' for a year! Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 50
by: johnrooney80
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:58
Good of you to take the time @vespaash2 😁🆒⬇⬇⬇ Bk emorro @6ish.. 🙋
Message 26 of 50
by: jfh
on: 14/08/2019 | 00:02

I would like it to be possible to transfer credit held in a person’s account between people in the same family, do you think this may be possible in the future? 

Message 27 of 50
by: jsmith2009
on: 14/08/2019 | 07:48

Hi,

Looks like a good idea. Hopefully many members will be able to take part.

Cheers

Message 28 of 50
by: alexmccarthy1212
on: 14/08/2019 | 08:16
Hello, I am having trouble in joining the blogging section. I work in IT support for an Academy. I believe I have a lot to offer. I have messaged the administrator on numerous occasions, but I have not heard from her. Thanks
Message 29 of 50
by: jaymailsays
on: 14/08/2019 | 15:33

@vespaash2  Fantastic to have your live engagement Ash.

Charity Nominations.

This was debated over 13 pages going all the way back to May of this year. There was limited constructive staff input and considerable membership frustration at the lack of transparency on the voting process currently used.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Charity-Nominations-selection-process/td-p/23426989/pag...

With the considerable sums awarded to just two charities and secret final voting hidden from the entire membership, the time has come to bring in professional independent auditors, who can act in an arms length capacity in the counting or disqualifying of charity votes.

With these considerable sums  of money at stake, compared to the early days, not only must the process be fair, it must be seen to be fair by all concerned.

In my opinion having just two final nominated charities is outdated, we should be looking at four or more charities benefitting from funding and where unexpected funding is made, e.g. Network failures, or billing mistakes, there should be inclusive consultation on where the funds are destined to go.

We need leadership throughout not just from the top, that can only happen when the people at the top act decisively.

Jay

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 50