Knowledge Base
Community

Q&A with the gaffer - Weds 14 Aug @ 6pm

Started by: vespaash2
On: 12/08/2019 | 18:13
Replies: 49

by: irenahalder
on: 14/08/2019 | 15:58
I’d also like to see smaller charities getting a greater chance of receiving money. There should be a way of apportioning a sum of money to small organisations - perhaps 25% of the total could be split 10 ways so that 10 small (perhaps local) charities could receive a few thousand pounds each.
Message 31 of 50
by: t_will
community giff-staffer

on: 14/08/2019 | 15:59

@alexmccarthy1212 wrote:

Hello, I am having trouble in joining the blogging section. I work in IT support for an Academy. I believe I have a lot to offer. I have messaged the administrator on numerous occasions, but I have not heard from her. Thanks

I'll pop you a quick private message about this one and see what we can do here Smiley Happy

giffgaff community staffer - let me know if you want to chat about anything.
You can send me a message and we'll get rolling. Need a topic? Try here.
Message 32 of 50
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 14/08/2019 | 16:26

@vespaash2 

I haven't any questions but it will be interesting to interact with the community👍and it will be lively😊

Hope everything goes ok

Yvonne 

Message 33 of 50
community giff-staffer

on: 14/08/2019 | 17:51

Hi folks, we're gearing up to go live - love the questions so far.

Message 34 of 50
by: formulaone
on: 14/08/2019 | 17:53
Good luck everyone! Hope you all get your questions in! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 35 of 50
by: persco
on: 14/08/2019 | 18:06
Is it me or are we to register to log into the platform.? My texts are not showing on MacBook using safari and and iPhone.
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 36 of 50
community giff-staffer

on: 14/08/2019 | 18:08
They're coming through, but they go into a queue until we publish them with the answer so they don't overwhelm the chat Smiley Happy
Message 37 of 50
by: persco
on: 14/08/2019 | 18:13

@t_willwrote:

They're coming through, but they go into a queue until we publish them with the answer so they don't overwhelm the chat Smiley Happy

Thanks @t_will Thought there is a lag or something. Apologies if I have said something twice or three times

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 38 of 50
by: zealousbeloved123
on: 14/08/2019 | 18:22

Thanks for information will join

Message 39 of 50
by: muggles708
on: 14/08/2019 | 18:25

Ash. Thank you for this opportunity to "vent"!

A few questions about "Payforit"

The Payforit rules a shown to consumers say:

"Your network has added value in terms of access, search, the Payforit scheme and the charging mechanism and you can escalate any dispute between  you and the seller to your network for them to take a decision as long as you have discussed the dispute with the seller and can provide evidence of that  discussion to your network."

I doubt many members consider that exposing them to fraud through Payforit adds value! However, how many cases have you actually "decided" in the past year? Why are members constantly referred back to the seller even after they have had the required discussion? Why are these cases allowed to proceed to the Small Claims court (where the consumers invariably win) WITHOUT a decision by GiffGaff? A decision by you could avoid the unnecessary involvement of the courts.

What are members supposed to do if the seller refuses to discuss the matter?

Are you aware of the independent research paper commissioned by BBC Watchdog which observed:

“Various media outlets have reported on this issue, as well as the BBC Watchdog program investigating the problem. The consensus is that the majority of payments being used by the service have been made fraudulently without the users being aware.”

The same report goes on to highlight three mechanisms which allow Payforit transactions WITHOUT consent. What effort are GiffGaff making to close these vulnerabilities?  Why do you continue to tell members that they “must have consented to the payment” when you have ample evidence that this is not usually the case? Do you ever even look at the evidence? It seem to me that you ALWAYS take the word of the seller against that of the member.  

You disclose members numbers to “third parties” through “Payforit”. You supply the MSISDN based on the IP address currently being used by the members handset.  How confident are you that this process is completely foolproof? Could problems with this process  account for members who claim they were signed up while they were asleep? How can you justify this under GDPR?

Regardless of the legalities, don’t you consider it immoral to needlessly epose members to the risk of fraud. There is no need for MSISDNs to be leaked to dodgy companies. If I need someone to have my number I’m quite capable of supplying it myself (as happens with WiFi).

Been scammed by 'Payforit'? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for GiffGaff Customers
Support GiffGaff introducing two factor Authorisation for ‘Payforit’ https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16712363/require-2-factor-authentication-to-sign-up-for-payforit-tex...
Message 40 of 50